• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Ideal job

Louise's Zoo

Forum Donator 2017/18
If I won the lottery I'd like a huge plot of land and run some sort of rescue/rehoming centre plus a small farm. Just some free range chickens and maybe a couple of goats. Like a petting zoo.

If I don't win the lottery then I'd like to work at a rehoming centre. cats, dogs, small animals, not fussy :)

CraftyCavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
I'd want to work with the horses full time at our rescue. Perhaps as trainer with the scared and skittish ones especially, getting them to realize that we mean them no harm and that they have found a safe haven here now. :luv:

Also, I have an interest in achieving my DVM, that would be a dream as well honestly!

CraftyCavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
hmmmmmm... I would like to own a boardgames cafe and not worry that it didn't make enough money to pay the bills, i do it for the love of gaming and meeting people and allowing them to connect with others..
That would be a dream! I'd be a happy person to spend my free time there.

CraftyCavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
That sounds good! Have you started it yet @CraftyCavies or is it something you have always wanted to do and never had a chance to?
It's more along the lines of something I've always wanted to do but have never had the chance, @Betsy Yet, this is the dream I am still working towards, while I can't at the moment, I am going to apply for admission in the next two or three years. It's highly competitive, so there is not guarantee I'll be accepted, but I've got my fingers crossed and am going to give it my best go! Or perhaps my best go-(s)! :))

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
It's more along the lines of something I've always wanted to do but have never had the chance, @Betsy Yet, this is the dream I am still working towards, while I can't at the moment, I am going to apply for admission in the next two or three years. It's highly competitive, so there is not guarantee I'll be accepted, but I've got my fingers crossed and am going to give it my best go! Or perhaps my best go-(s)! :))
I wish you luck! If you don't get in have you considered studying to be a vet nurse?

anyar.dris

Teenage Guinea Pig
I used to work in IT and was working as a software tester before I moved to the UK. When the tv shows like CSI and such was so famous in the past, I wanted to work in the same scenarios, not the field ones but the ones in the labs. Now what I want is a job like travel bloggers or something like in travel magazines where you go to these places and let the world see the beauty in it.

Oh well, I can only dream. But I'm content with being a housewife and my piggies' slaves, plus so-called secretary of my hubby. 😂😂

RoyalDuke

Junior Guinea Pig
I think it would be really cool to do YouTube as a job! Or at least on the side. Running a channel with lots of animals like taylornicoledean or TheKingOfDIY !
I'm not at all confident with other people and stuff, so while Zoo work would be fantastic, I feel like it would become too much...no one wants to see me and my weird head twitch!!

Julie M

Forum Donator 2017/18
I don’t know what i want to do anymore. I did want to work with animals when I left school. But was told there’s no jobs there, go into factory work you will have a job for life. (Where’s all the factories now?) I eventually went into care work after many different jobs. However now it’s all becoming more about filling out paperwork rather than actually caring for people to make their life’s better. Too many pages and pages to fill with information, a lot of it common sense. So right now I want out! Think I would like to open an all abilities spa and holiday retreat in Scotland somewhere with proper facilities for all no matter what abilities they have or don’t have. :nod:

Merab's Slave

Forum Donator 2017/18
I don’t know what i want to do anymore. I did want to work with animals when I left school. But was told there’s no jobs there, go into factory work you will have a job for life. (Where’s all the factories now?) I eventually went into care work after many different jobs. However now it’s all becoming more about filling out paperwork rather than actually caring for people to make their life’s better. Too many pages and pages to fill with information, a lot of it common sense. So right now I want out! Think I would like to open an all abilities spa and holiday retreat in Scotland somewhere with proper facilities for all no matter what abilities they have or don’t have. :nod:
I’d come

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
I love my job as a zoology lecturer (most of the time) and my husband loves his job as a teaching assistant for disabled children (even though the pay is rubbish), but when we retire we want to run an animal boarding/sanctuary/community farm type place in wales and have disabled kids to visit for holidays and respite care and disabled adults on work placements so they can learn to care for animals :)

piglette

Junior Guinea Pig
This is such a cool thread!

I currently work in health research ... but I'd love to switch to researching the natural world: climate change, space, deep sea, tropical jungles, dinosaurs - not fussy. Or research pandemic diseases and their control. Or do animal therapy work with troubled kids. Or run a rescue for the extra-needs animals that can't be re-homed. I could keep going...

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
I'm currently working towards my dream job. I want to work as a Clinical Animal Behaviourist, working exclusively with cats. A lot of work still ahead of me, but I am currently doing the level 5 Advanced Diploma in Feline Behaviour Management. Once registered I will work entirely on veterinary referral, as most feline behaviour problems can have a medical aspect to them too!