Ideas for a temporary job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm off uni from 17th December-30th January, and I'm really struggling with money at the moment, car tax and insurance is due, as well as needing to get Buddy neutered soon as he is getting lonely! The farm where I work is closed in January so I can't work there while I'm home, and I'm reluctant to apply for a temp spot as I have to travel back to uni for 11-14 January for exams, so I wouldn't be much good!
I used to do dog walking before I came to uni, and I was thinking of offering it again just for January - mum thinks there might be older people who don't want to go out in the cold, etc. I might also offer small animal care; nail clipping, cage cleaning, grooming etc. Do you think this would be a good plan?
Has anybody got any other ideas of what I can do over January? Else it's 17p soup for me for the next few months, haha :))

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What about bar work over the holidays?

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What about bar work over the holidays?

I've never done bar work before, I guess it could be an idea! My OH has done it for yesars and loves it :) Only trouble is, with me having to come back to uni for a few days, I don't want to let down a boss.

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you say that up front they should be fine.

Reaction score
Hi I'm not sure about where you are but where I live our Argos is always wanting staff at this time of year, and boots, other than that I can only suggest glass collecting or bar work (sorry I can't be of more help).
But your idea of pet services sound great, I mean I don't like walking my dog out in this weather so I should imagine that any oap's that need it done would happily pay for this service (maybe offer a dog brushing service or bathing service in their own homes?)
Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The only thing abotu pet services is if I was paying someone I would expect them to be insured.

Reaction score
Yeah never thought about that, although if someone came and offered to bathe & brush my gs x collie in my own home for a reasonable price I'd be ok with that, he takes forever.
Ummm it's a tough one I suppose.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
also care workers? They seem to be the only jobs in our local rag and in the job centre these days.

Good luck x

Ruth

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I pay my neighbours daughter to take the youngest of my dogs for a walk twice a week, I take both of them everyday but the old one can only do a short walk now, and I feel the younger one is missing out on long walks.
I could make more of an effort and take him myself but the kids don't want to come when its cold. She is 12 and loves earning a bit of money [£5 for two good walks] I think as long as you don't ask too much dog walking is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.