• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

ideas for piggies new toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all

I am doing some coursework and need to come up with some ideas for what toys are suitable for guinea pigs. I have described the toys and things that I normally use for my 4 boys but i was wondering if anyone else had some bright ideas?

I need to include things from pet shops or online stores but also things found aroungd the house. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :) :) 8:)

Hi all

I am doing some coursework and need to come up with some ideas for what toys are suitable for guinea pigs. I have described the toys and things that I normally use for my 4 boys but i was wondering if anyone else had some bright ideas?

I need to include things from pet shops or online stores but also things found aroungd the house. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :) :) 8:)

Loo/kitchen roll inners stuffed with hay are a fave.
My girls have a minature hanging wooden mobile with little parrots which they play with and a little wind chime (they use this to call for their slave with I'm sure) They all have really bright coloured plastic balls except the younger ones, they have a baby's soft one which has a little bell inside :)) willow stick chews, parsley bells and a little tree to nibble on :)
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/snacks_supplements/cracker_food_sticks/188938
Personally, I'm not a great fan of toys but as long as they have hideys, ramps to another level and a friend (or more) for company find they are entertained.

Last edited:
toilet tubes stuffed with hay? at swallow aquatics there are these weaved natural balls which piggies enjoy playing with. :)

word of caution . . . .One of my sows got her head stuck in a toilet roll tube last week . . not a fun experience bless her, i wouldnt use them as method of entertainment again

thanks for all the advice so far... xx>>>

i agree about the toilet rolls though, i've used them before but bubbles's favourite thing to do was pick it up and through straight in the air and then run to try and catch it again. If it hadn't been for this wide crest getting in the way it would have landed straight round his nose. I find old socks are quite good for makeshift hay racks.

Keep the ideas coming guys :(|) :)p

They love paper bags ( I always cut the bottom end off and fold the edges over so that they hold their shape a bit better), newspaper: folded into a tent or just a sheet of it to hide under and rustle. I also make lots of different sized fleece cushions etc that they can hide under, snuggle on, re-arrange into their own soft play area. :))

I have got a baby toy in my cage.. its a rabbit holding a carrot (and the carrot rattles) Obviously i check it for holes etc but my boys popcorn whenever i put it in! *shakes head in disbelief* anything food orientated they love. The toilet tubes dont get stuck if you cut a slit up them first (so just cut from one end to the other) :) I had this problem to begin with too. now its all solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back