• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ill Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I haven't forgotten about you all. I am ill yet again but this time with my ears, throat nose and head.

I started out with a headache on Friday night as I left work and have not slept properly since or felt well at all.

I went to the out of hours doctors surgery at the hospital on Sunday and he said my ears and throat look ok. Well if they are ok they why can't I talk properly now? - Grrr!

I'm going to the doctors again in just under an hour and see what they have to say. I really don't feel right at all!

I will try and get on the forum as much as I can however if you have anything forum related you need to talk about please don't hesitate to contact Kate.

Ellie xx

Aww Ellie, Get well soon. Its the kids ive been there lol I'm sure ull become immune soon hehe x

Get well soon Ellie, those kids like to share thier germs with you don't they? ::)

Ahh Ellie, I'm sorry you're poorly again. These infections do seem to come and take hold sometimes don't they. I really hope you get better soon xx

Hope you are feeling better soon Ellie! It is a hazard of the job I'm afraid. I have been ill pretty much constantly since I started teaching. You don't build up immunity - you just get used to working through being ill!

If anyone does need anything while Ellie is poorly just give me a shout - I'm on messenger or you can email/PM me any time!

Kate

these bugs going around are a real pain, my sons had 2 lots of anti biotics for a bacterial throat infection and almost at the end of the 2nd lot hes still complaining about the pain,
and I have had a cough since begining of jan a course of anti biotics have yet to get rid of it as well, these bugs seem immune from anti biotics now dont they?
maybe they are super bugs,
hope you feel better soon,

I was in a lecture the other day and Karen (my lecturer) said that we get so many more illnesses now because we're too clean like tissues that kill 99.9% of bacteria which makes sense really I'm always full of cold and I'm allergic to everythin! lol x

as you all know i have been illl and fingers crossed it has stayed away for a week now, it took 8 weeks for mine to clear up had 4 courses of antibiotics, and now my partner is going to the dr's today to get his second course of antibiotics,

Well... guess what... I am still ill!

This morning I got into the shower and suddenly got a really bad pain go across the lower part of my stomach then everything started spinning. I ended up collapsing on the shower floor and felt so dizzy and really hot. I went to the doctors again (having another day off work!!) and they sent me to the hospital for blood tests to check for Glandular Fever, Diabetes, Kidney Problem, my blood count and Thyroid Glands. I absolutely hate blood tests more than anything in the world but I went in by myself and it actually wasn't too bad.

I have come over to my mum's house now and weighed myself as my jeans have been falling off all day. I have lost 4 pounds in about a week without even trying. So overall I have lost over a stone in the space of a couple of months for no apparant reason.

I have a hacking cough and am also constantly sweating. All I want is to feel better again!

Aww Ellie hope you feel better soon. i hate blood tests too but I'm so used to them now, if you've been feeling thirsty and tired and always needing a pee then it may be diabetes hope its not though. get well soon x

oh goodness! i am so sorry to hear that you are still sick. i really hope you get well soon. please take it easy. :)

I am feeling tired a lot as yesterday it was my day off work and all I did was lie on the sofa all day and fell asleep a couple of times. I could sleep all the time if I could! I don't think I am necessarily drinking more but I am peeing more than I usually do. I am sure it will come back that I am absolutely fine which will be great. I just wish I could find out though what was wrong so I can start feeling better again!

Oh gosh lovey.. really hope you get sorted soon and they find out what's wrong..

Like Verity, I hate blood tests but I have to inject myself everyday on top of that!

Anything I can do, then you know how to get hold of me

xx Kelly xx

Do you take any multivitamins? You could be lacking in some if you have no other diabetic-related symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back