I'm annoyed - seen a hamster

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just been to Webbs garden centre this pm - they have now opened a pet area with livestock :-X

I spotted one hamster with a 'lazy eye' collared the staff as thought it might have sawdust in - they knew all about the situation - said she had been there 6 months - no one has wanted her due to her eye. They have taken her off shavings apart from a few for loo corner. She said i only want her to go to someone who knows about hamsters and can offer the daily bathing the eye needs. Otherwise she will have to stay here ::)

She well looked after but its not a forever home there.

I was highly tempted - but parents not (i know I'm 33 but i live with my parents so have to say no here - but its hard)

Also had a word about guineas on shavings >:( but dont think they will change things apart from that the set ups ok i suppose) i did speak to a family buying 2 piggies - got them to swap the shavings for hay :)

I'm going to speak to friends later see if they have the space then its a case of getting hammy as none of us drive - but i have a few ideas on that one ;)

Shes one of those really big plushy cute hammys :D

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww, poor hamster :( I love hamsters, shame your parents don't agree - don't think mine would agree to another either. Was she a long haired hammy? (just wondering because you said 'really big plushy cute hammy' XD)

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi happy news time!

My friends have agreed to have the hammy :) :D :)

And Kate is being a star by providing transport :) thanks so much again Kate!

I will be ringing Webbs tomorrow to reserve her and collection should be Sun/early next week!

I'm so glad this has worked out like this, its funny mum said today she nearly drove there to get her for me but decided against it! be really tricky with Jed so I'm so pleased my friends can offer a wonderful forever home :)

Alison

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well this has not had the happy ending we thought - I rang the pet place to tell them my friends would be collecting hammy tomorrow not today and......they have sold her I'm totally gutted about this situation. I rang Weds and was promised she would be reserved. I somehow kept my cool and asked why - the manager had said they couldnt put reserved on as i had not paid (agreed reduced price of £2.50) Now i had left my phone number just in case, honestly id of paid Sun or by credit card if id of known. >:(

The only good thing is she has gone to someone who has lots of rescue rodents and knows about special care.

I felt awful ringing friends as they were so excited about this, and had brought a new home for hammy. I know she has gone to a new forever home but it still doesnt feel right.

I'm told i can ring the manager Mon to discuss it but at the mo i dont feel i want to.

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.