• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm dead on my (touristy) feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Too much sightseeing round Britain over the last seven days!

So far, we have been to: Oxford, Birmingham (shopping with a teenager through the WHOLE Bullring while it was pouring down rolleyes), a trip to Ludlow and Bewdley courtesy of my hubby on the weekend, Stratford-upon-Avon, and a BIG trip to London yesterday. For that, we had to get up before 5am and were not back until 10pm, and managed to pack in about two days worth of stuff into that one long day. Thankfully, it stayed dry and the strikes had stopped so we COULD go on the Eye as the highlight of the day! :))

Full marks to my second niece - we haven't had one single teenage tantrum out of her, not even when we dragged her round the National Gallery! x)

Today, we are finally going to have a leisurely look at Coventry this afternoon (cathedral and little bit more retail). Tomorrow, it's going home day and I can have my total collapse... zzz

Last edited:
I admire you enormously - you've fitted in at least 2 weeks sightseeing into their visit, so you are quite entitled to your collapse!

Oooh, sounds like you've had a lovely week. My OH lives in the Oxford area. I've been there many times, but have never looked around it. I would love to just spend a day there to go sight-seeing (and shopping!)

It sounds like you have had a fun packed week and I am pleased you have had a nice time with your mum and niece :) It sounds like you deserve a well earned rest tomorrow x

You won't collapse. You will get a second wind from the sheer relief that it is all finished. Well done for surviving it.:) I look forward to your return.

You won't collapse. You will get a second wind from the sheer relief that it is all finished. Well done for surviving it.:) I look forward to your return.

So do I! We were all very tired today after our big trip yesterday. But Isabel had a smashing holiday and has really enjoyed it - cuddling the piggies in between... Watching their antics at food time is cracking her up every single time! :))

more than I do in one year... I have to say places seemed that much closer when we were in the Midlands... except Scotland... it's better now just under 3 hrs away...

I'd like to go to London. My brother- and sister-in-law live there but it's just not practical with a toddler who's into everything and into everywhere (esp the bin!).

How are the pigs getting used to all this fracas...

more than I do in one year... I have to say places seemed that much closer when we were in the Midlands... except Scotland... it's better now just under 3 hrs away...

I'd like to go to London. My brother- and sister-in-law live there but it's just not practical with a toddler who's into everything and into everywhere (esp the bin!).

How are the pigs getting used to all this fracas...

The piggies are now used to having more people around - even Cariad... They have had and survivied their cuddles!

Sounds like a lovely but very exhausting week.

sounds like you've all had a great time! i am tired just thinking about all that walking and travelling though!:))

Family is busy packing...

It is sad to see them leaving so soon, as we can't see each other often, but I am also looking forward now to a little peace and quiet again after that whirlwind time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back