• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm devastated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
this morning has been spent at the vets my lovely little romeo was found dead in his run the same run as Jasper yesterday,and tiger was again laying on him keeping part of his body warm, the vet said it was just a bad coincidence and that both died of internal problems she believes, she knows my pigs quite well, I know everyyear the same thing happens I think i have mentioned this before , I went through every possibility with the vet ie droughts illnesses they have both caught the hay a rat everything you could possibly think of, and she says that looking at Romeo it was a natural death, still I got home and took both bertie and tiger out of the run and have lifted it and am in process of trigene everything, I am so worried she did say that with the amount of pigs I have sooner or later I would get deaths close togther, I'm feeling very fragile now and feel like poo as i like to know whats going on i feel like burning the shed down and starting again but know its irrational , tiger and bertie are fine no signs of health worrys, thinking of it romeo was quite yesterday but with me worrying about tiger i guess stupid me missed it ,what do you all think am I just unlucky, the vet got quite a shock me going in with a dead piggy I usually take live ones in I did'nt even have an appointment, God knows what the others thought, i was in such a state, I'm going out now to continue my major clean up but it sstupid as i know its already clean. think its to take my mind off things to be honest,

Aw how awful for you and Tiger too! You must feel like s***t. My heart goes out to you and poor old Tiger - bless him!

Hope the others stay well xx

Oh Michelle I don't know what to say :-\ you are going through a really bad patch with your darlings, how old were Romeo and Jasper? Maybe we should all look further into this Autumn and Spring theory....

I'm thinking of you, keep strong for the rest of them x x :-*

Aww Michelle, am so sorry to read your sad loss.

Please dont torture yourself. Sometimes these things happen. I have had it happen to me and had 3 piggies pass on within a short time. No answers for it! Like you I have many old pigs now and it always seems when one passes the others do too. I dont know why but its just one of those things.

I know its not easy and it breaks your heart, and I have felt the same as you do right now.

We are here for you, and wish could give you a hug, and we can all have a good cry together.

Thinking of you.

Deb x

Romeo was 4 and tiger 3 no age really is it, I just feel so helpless, I'm going to be so scared to open up tomorrow morning. I even left the heating on all night as they are only 40 watts they dont get too hot, just right, and wednesday i felt ill and my blood pressure had gone sky high then yesterday I had a funny turn while down the shop my diabetes has also gone mad, I had a hypo and it looks like i might need injections as the tablets are not working what a week, I need a major chill week, am also considering going back to work after 25 years off raising my 5 kids think I might end up in the funny farm instead :D :D thanks for all your messages at least I know its not just me this has happend to but i do believe some thing happens especially in autumn to make my darlings suseptable

I'm really sorry to read about this Michelle, I think you're doing the right thing disinfecting everything, I know I would, as you say they aren't a great age to die suddenly. Can the vet not do a post mortem to find out why they died? What sort of heating do you have, it's nothing to do with that is it? Thinking of fumes etc.

Sending you hugs, hope you feel better soon.

Kathryn x

If you think you might end up at the funny farm come and join us instead!

So sorry to hear what has happened, life is so unfair and like some else has said don't cut your self up over this. Most of us things happen all at once. This year my half brother died from a car crash and at the same time my mother-in-law got told she had weeks to live. Also my two sisters had babies on the same day but one sister had to give birth to her baby that died. I look back now and think how did I cope, but hey I'm still hear! You have alot on your plate at the moment but you will get there in the end. They will be ruining free together. I was watching TV once and Noel Edmands was on and he used to visit a sick relation who didn't have long to go and she said to him' soon Noel I will be able to see you every day' Big hugs to you and your family and furry friends.

Mary

awww i'm so sorry you're going through this :'(

Sending you more BIG BIG hugs xxxxx

Trace x

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

Seding you lots of big hugs

xx

Oh I wish I was nearer & I'd come & give you a day cleaning & steralising & at the end I'd give you a good hour of Reiki to get you sorted. Can't be there physically but sending white light to you & your piggies Hx

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. Thinking of tiger too, poor love.

Sorry to hear about this. It's awful when you lose them when they're younger than usual. But I suppose it's like people, sadly some people die much younger than others.

Hope you can have a rest soon and do some nice things.

Mary said:
If you think you might end up at the funny farm come and join us instead!

So sorry to hear what has happened, life is so unfair and like some else has said don't cut your self up over this. Most of us things happen all at once. This year my half brother died from a car crash and at the same time my mother-in-law got told she had weeks to live. Also my two sisters had babies on the same day but one sister had to give birth to her baby that died. I look back now and think how did I cope, but hey I'm still hear! You have alot on your plate at the moment but you will get there in the end. They will be ruining free together. I was watching TV once and Noel Edmands was on and he used to visit a sick relation who didn't have long to go and she said to him' soon Noel I will be able to see you every day' Big hugs to you and your family and furry friends.

Mary
my problems sound silly compared to you, if you can get through all that and still be sane then theres hope for me,
have spent most of the day scrubbing and cleaning buried Romeo in with jasper as well, so they are still together, the heating is only panel heaters so no fumes etc, tiger and bertie seem fine no worrys for their health, checked them so carefully found nothing, i believe it was my autumn bad spell, while cleaning out i moved some of the boys about so tiger and bertie and now in with dobby and harvey 2 cool little men, back to 4 of them < I sat and watched them for over an hour and they sniffed butt and noses and were all fine so fingers crossed, i left the old run empty maybe its jinxed lol not going to be taking any chances,
I've even asked the vet if a rat with a diease could have bitten them lol they must have thought I had lost the plot, but she said no signs of any injurys on Romeo and she checked his mouth etc and found nothing and concluded it was an internal problem ie heart or stroke etc, I could'nt have had him cut up and disected for an autopsy anyway she seemed sure it was just bad luck and that she found nothing etc both of them were born in my sheds actually all 4 of the recent deaths were born here, evee patch and these two and i have'nt bred any for a few years now,
got drs for more checks next week so hopefully all will be ok, thanks for all your good wishes it really helps knowing you know how bad I feel,
going to bed after checking the boys ( with a torch) wont be able to sleep other wise, :'( :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back