• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm going to strangle my father!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

Today he comes home from work with a sick, starving, filthy abandoned stray kitten for me to take care of. I REALLY did not need another creature right now and certainly not an ill one. If I was going to have a new pet right now it would be my new bunny who is staying with my fiance until we get married. (Her name is Luxa, pics are coming soon! She's the sweetest, bestest bunny ever!) I do not need a sick kitty to make all my other creatures sick right now and I don't need to lose another so soon after Mordecai. I'm so angry right now. Why do people have to dump creatures so that they have to end up at my house? Poor little thing. He/she has been named Andromeda (it fits with Orion, our other cat). He/she is deficating roach parts so obviously he/she has been starving for quite some time. I bathed him/her and the blood from the fleas just poured off. There is nothing to the poor creature. He/she's so dehydrated and thirsty she kept drinking the bath water while I was trying to give him/her a bath. *sigh* I really did not want another cat but I can't throw this poor miserable baby out into the world. I suppose I'm just stuck. I'm so annoyed with my dad, but of course if I had discovered he left the poor thing there to die I'd be even more upset with him. I just wish his/her old owners had been good people and had kept and loved her so I didn't have to do it right now. It's just really bad timing any other time I'd be thrilled but right now I'm still recovering from Morde.

-kkat

Andromeda
Andromeda4.jpg

Andromeda3.jpg

Andromeda2.jpg

Andromeda.jpg

aw, I'm so sorry! but i do hope he gets well...please dont strangle your father! ;D

LOL I've already started getting attached to this little creature. She's really cute. We've been leaving her alone in her cage while she gets better and gets more used to us in an attempt to keep any illness she/he may have that isn't just a result of starvation and flea infestation from spreading. Right now she's terrified of the dogs but that likely won't last too long. She seems quite happy just to be resting in her cage with food, water, litter, and a bed. I suppose having a new baby won't be so terrible......

EDIT: Well I just went and fed "her" and checked "her" gender and discovered "she" is a "he". It's so funny because he was hissing at Baylee (who just wouldn't go away) and purring and snuggling at the same time. Poor little guy has had it so rough and he's still just a tiny baby.

-kkat

aw, I'm glad! kitties are cute. too bad I'm allergic to them. good luck with the nursing him! xx

Hes lovely I'm sure you dad ment well, but i would be annoyed too

ahhh he is adorable( and I'm not a cat person,) but maybe a similar thing happened to him as happened to my son and his wife, they and a kitten called Elle who my grandaughter adored, she joined flossie and simba, 2 slightly older cats, one day Elle did'nt come back they were so distraught we printed leaflets off and all the relevant people were notified but no sign, they are still missing her 7 months later, so maybe he did come from a good home but got out and got lost,
I am glad you are taking to him though, maybe it was fate and ment to be, we just hope some one as nice and caring as you found Elle.

I suppose that's possible but it's probably unlikely. My dad works out in the middle of nowhere where people take their unwanted pets and dump them alot. Usually it's adult animals though that can take care of themselves a bit better. They "release them into the wild" and actually believe they have a chance. I doubt a kitten as tiny as Andromeda was wandered a 30 minute drive outside of the city limits just because he got loose one day. He could have been born to a dumped stray who has been since killed off by a real wild animal. I don't know though and until he can talk I suppose I never will. At any rate he's doing well. He's still thin, but that's pretty much his build. He's a healthy happy kitty now who greets us everytime we open the door. Hopefully a nice person did find Elle.

ahh so glad the kitten is doing well, we think a neighbour took Elle to his girlfriend in Wales as she commented when staying with him that she would love a cat like Elle, coincidence maybe, but think not

lol Yes, that sounds like definate catnapping potential. I hope Elle has a wonderful home whereever she is. Being as wonderful as she was, I'm sure that's the case.

He is doing quite well and is a total sweetie. I'm kinda glad I have him now. When he first came he sacred me because I didn't think I could handle fighting to save him and losing him anyway right then but I had to at least try. Luckily it all went well and he is a happy normal healthy little kitty now.

it sounds like he was really lucky to be found by your dad and even luckier to be brought home to you. i hope he continues to do well, he looks gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back