I'm in love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I went into pets at home today just to have a browse and in the adoption section was a rabbit called Peter. He's 7 months old and must live alone due to him fighting with all other rabbits, I'm so in love with him, he's gorgeous and looks just like a wild rabbit - such an inquisitive little chap! x)

They're asking for a donation of £15, I'm browsing the web like crazy for a large dog play pen to put him in :) I know with some gentle persuasion my parents will come round :))

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ah bless. Good luck with the parents :) Just remember...they can't say "no" once you've already got it ;)

Reaction score
mine lives alone cos she is such a fighter. we put her cage next to the piggies she enjoy the distance company of the piggies a lot. ^)

Reaction score
I'm presuming he isn't neutered? That'll be why he's fighting with other rabbits and the fact that rabbit bonding needs to be done very carefully!

Saying that if he is neutered he might just prefer being a single.

Just be wary when P@H say things about animals in the adoption section, they often get it wrong. My rabbit was deemed 'very vicious' - I bonded her with a friend with no problems what so ever, she just needed someone who knew what they were doing (and neutering of course!). :)

Reaction score
I'm presuming he isn't neutered? That'll be why he's fighting with other rabbits and the fact that rabbit bonding needs to be done very carefully!

Saying that if he is neutered he might just prefer being a single.

Just be wary when P@H say things about animals in the adoption section, they often get it wrong. My rabbit was deemed 'very vicious' - I bonded her with a friend with no problems what so ever, she just needed someone who knew what they were doing (and neutering of course!). :)

I was just going to say about neutering. The person I got my rabbit hutch from said they were selling it as they had to seperate their two does because they'd started fighting, but they weren't neutered which was most likely why they fought.

Of course there will be some bunnies who just prefer their own company x

mrs ord

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Get yourself on Rabbits United they are amazing. I currently have four very happy and loved up bunnies. I wouldn't have had a clue without them and would probably still have just one miserable and agressive lone rabbit now if it wasn't for those guys. Best thing I ever did! I honestly think that if you do get this bunny then he will deffinately need a companion. Rabbits are like guineas and very rarely enjoy living alone. Bonding is tricky but if you join the forum you will gts lots of help and depending where you live you will probably get a rescue who will find your bunny a partner and do the bonding for you. I would strongly suggest you dont get this rabbit unless you are willing to get him neutered and pair him with a speyed female.

Just a little taste of how amazing bunny love is x)

Jasper (whire male) and Dexter (black female) are soooo in love
001.jpg

Lilly (grey white female) and Carlisle (white male) Lilly giving Carlisle a kiss
015.jpg

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I used to have a male bunny who did seem quite agressive so we got him done and he did seem much better afterwards but like others have said he may just prefer living alone.
i looked this up for you though so hope it helps x

http://www.yourpetshealth.co.uk/page35.htm

Why should I have my rabbit castrated?
The main benefits for having your rabbit castrated are behavioural.
Entire male rabbits will often mark their territory by spraying urine, this is very strong smelling, and can be unpleasant if the rabbit is kept in the house.
They can also be very aggressive, and have to be kept on their own, this can be stressful for rabbits as they are naturally very sociable creatures.
Castrated rabbits in general make better pets, they are much easier to handle and are more affectionate. They are also less destructive, being less likely to dig big holes or chew excessively.

Last edited:

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awww :) Good luck with the bunny and parents, just try the big ol' puppy eyes and tell them how utterly adorable the bunny is :))

Status
Not open for further replies.