• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I'm so heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just to let you know that Bab died this afternoon after 3 months of struggle with eating/mouth problems. I'm so shocked as there was no sign of deterioration and he even climbed out of his cage for his usual syringe feed at breakfast time and lunchtime. He couldnt eat lunch and I thought something was blocking his throat but there was nothing obstructing. I put him into his cage so I could warm up his heat pad but he fell over and I realised something was so wrong. I lifted him on to my knee and just cuddled him, he was so poorly so quickly but he passed awat peacefully after 3 hours and now he looks so like he is just asleep. He has been syringe fed for 12 weeks now and he was very thin but I had seen him improve over the past few days and hoped with all my heart he was getting better. I feel so lost and lonely now and don't know what to do with my time as I was devoted to him over past 12 weeks. Also can anyone help me, what is the best thing to do. Should I bury him in my garden or should I ask my vet to cremate him and then scatter his ashes.Its just too unbearable for me, please tell me what he would want. He was only 3, so just a boy really.I hope that some of you may be online as I know you can understand how I am tonight and the depth of my sad heart. Yours Babsmam.

Sorry for your loss. A lot of people have 'Pig Pots' or 'Pet Pots' that they bury pigs/pets in. Just ordinary garden pots with a planet on the top...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news honey

Personally i have buried all my animals that have passed away in my garden i couldnt bear the thought of not having them here and each one has a special flower by them or a rose bush

No consolation i know but you did what you could for him and no-one could fault you for that

Love & Hugs honey

So sorry for your loss. :'( :'(

There is no right or wrong answer in regards to burial or cremation - just do what feels right for you.

Hugs to you at this terrible time.

I'm so sorry to hear this I know you've tried your best for Bab, as for what to do with him now, a lot of people do bury in the garden and put a nice plant or shrub on the top. Some people who don't have a permanent garden have used a big flower pot so they could take them when they moved. If you have him cremated then you could keep his ashes indoors with you in a pot.

Hugs to you and we are all here.

Run free little Bab x x

:'(Thank you all. I feel that you are with me and understand how lost I am tonight. I just miss Bab soooooooooo much.

So very sorry to hear about your little Bab :'(
He's now eating clover and popcorning at the Bridge, say hi to Sully for me :'(
Take care thinking of you at this very difficult time <HUGS>
I buried Sully in the garden where i can see him as i come down our stairs to feed Duke, this has helped me.
Everyone is different, i agree do what you feel is right for you.

I'm so very sorry. I went through exactly the same with my darling Dr.

Big hugs x

Night night little man. God Bless. All the suffering is over now. Hope you eat lots of lollo rosso in heaven. I love Bab so much, I have sent a little bit of my heart with him to keep him company. Things will never be quite the same again.

I know how you're feeling :'(

Time helps a little, remember all the wonderful times of being a slave to your little darling, take care :-*

My first morning in 12 weeks that I didnt have to get up to give Bab his breakfast. It feels so strange like I'm wandering about looking for something to do. Bab looks so peaceful and my husband is going to find a nice little box and then we will bury Bab in the back garden sometime this evening. I am going to bury him next to my Freddie Mercury rosebush because it has the most beautiful blooms with a lovely fragrance. Very strangely the bush has 1 bud left which I may cut and put it in beside Bab. I'm sorry for going on with my sad story but I need to write it all down and it helps to know that you understand my sadness.I couldn't sleep but I'm off to work anyway as I think thats best. It will be so unusual when I don't have to rush home at 12 o clock to feed Bab as he no longer needs me. I think I now realise that I needed Bab more than he needed me.

you dont have to be sorry darling we ALL know how you are feeling lifes empty and dull with out him is'nt it and you keep thinking if only this and if only that we know honestly we do, thats whats so great abou this forum we do know becasue we have the one thing in common our undying love for guinea pigs , all of my pigs are burioed and I know where each of them are buried over the years thats a lot of pigs but I astound hubby when I say dont dig there so and sos buried there, we never forget, the idea of a bush is great my little lavender and bear died in march and are buried in my lavender garden, Henry is under the apple tree domino is under another bush along with 5 others just outside the pigs shed doors , each have a special place like they do in our hearts, God bless bab enjoy rainbow bridge bet hes stuffing his face with fresh grass right now, chin up sweetheart you talk all you like on here none of us feel anything other then upset for you, :'( :'(

Oh, I def. know how you are feeling :'(

there is nothing we can say or do to make you feel better, but know that our thoughts are with you,
and if you need to talk, just PM us.
We all have been through this, and we know how much it hurts... :(

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I went through the exact same thing with my Munchkin, so i know how you are feeling.

Sending you big hugs

We are all here.

Run free at the bridge Bab

x

Sorry to hear about your loss of Bab, you did everything you could and have beeen a devoted pigom and he would know that...

On the practical side, I have the vet cremate my animals and I am happy with this, but everyone has there own ideas and they should be followed.

Thinking of you, Take care,
Barbara

Thank you all so very much. Its so quiet in the house today. Just waiting around to go back to work. It helped pass the time away and my patients could see I was upset so most were very kind and had lost pets at some time. I'm just so hoping I didnt make things worse and frighten my little Bab when I wrapped him in a towel and laid him on his back to see if there was anything in the back of his mouth which was stopping him swallowing the food. I think maybe he was having some kind of stroke which affected his swallow reflex. and then seemed to spread to his back legs after I had checked his mouth. I don't know if that sounds possable but he was frightened when he suddenly could not walk and move his back legs. However it didnt last too long because he became unconscious and then just drifted slowly away over 3 hours. I'm sure he knew I has holding him all the time and reassuring him softly. I really hope he knew I was there with him and not too frightened. I hope he is in a beautiful place now.Your kindness and understanding has helped me so much. Big Thank You from Babsmam.

I'm sure he knew you were holding him and knew you were upset about his leaving but think now hes no longer suffering and is popcorning but still is missing you, maybe he did have a stroke ( my dog charlie had this in July and we lost him ) maybe it was a blessing he faded away and was unconsious, God bless little man mummys missing you, play with my angles and say hi to them for me :'( :'( :'( :'( your upset has made me tearful as well remembering all my recent losses, see we are a daft lot big softys and totally devoted to our animals, as it should be , chin up darling

Today feels even worse. I managed to sleep last night from sheer exhaustion but when I woke up my first thought was knowing Bab was not there and I can only say my heart feels heavy and in real pain although it's not a physical pain. Much worse as it's pain nothing will cure coming from somewhere in the centre of my soul. I'm so glad I have to go to work, it's the only thing that takes my mind away from my sadness. We couldnt bury Bab last night as it was so dark when I got home. My main concern now is should I put him into a cardboard or wooden box. I went to pet store to buy a suitable box but they don't sell anything at all for that purpose. My sister thinks I should just wrap him loosely in a beautiful scarf and lay him in the ground with all his toys and his favourite things. I'm not sure so any advice will be much appreciated.Please if any of you have any advice at all on how I can do whats best for Bab will you let me know. I know nothing can hurt him or his little body anymore but it still matters so much. Can't see the keyboard now, must go for tissues. Thanks again for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back