• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I’m so stressed and anxious.

Sending you hugs. You've had lots of good advice so I won't add to it. I hope you feel better soon. With love from a fellow anxiety sufferer.

I agree getting enough sleep definitely helps. I feel more anxious/low mood when I haven't had enough sleep.
I'm on my 22nd hour of a work shift, I feel like I've been bettered, dragged through a hedge, and then ran over.. I can't wait for bed. I'm going to sleep until I wake, no alarm.

That is very true 👍 (I don't either!)
You don't think it will get you, but it gradually cagxhe sup with you, I'm very bad for watching YouTube in bed and before I know it, I'm left with 5 hours sleep, I've gone into a 22 hour shift today, or yesterday 🤔😴, on 5 hours sleep. I gota sort it out, cuz I'm feeling bad in the head.

If you can afford to then take a couple of days sick leave from work. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at taking time off for a broken leg or stomach bug and your mental health should be equally as important. You need to put some time aside for you to focus on your needs. That means not your job, your fella or your piggies but YOU. Even 30-60 mins a day focussed on yourself is a start.

Maybe meditation, maybe some crafts, try getting the watercolours out and doing some painting again.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words, I really don’t know what I’d do without this forum

Someone once suggested to me that writing everything down just before you go to sleep helps to clear your head, sort of like a memory dump, getting out all of the worries/thoughts, things you need to do etc.
I've moved countries many years ago and just moving to where we live now was a big thing and I still have days where I struggle with where my life is going and just how we're going to sort things, as others have said, it is okay to not be ok. Do you have people to talk to? As in support you?

Thanks for sharing your experience with also moving abroad. Well I have my partner but I’m not very good at talking to him, in fact I’m not very good at talking to anyone as I just get defensive, Embarrassed and just start crying. I don’t want to phone and vent/cry to my mum as she’s upset enough that I’ve moved abroad..
My only proper friend out here is also majorly struggling with her mental health at the moment so I don’t want to offload on her. I only know a few other people out here , no one that I’d as for support. I guess some of my problem at the moment is feeling quite isolated and alone.
I sometimes tell the horses my problems though :))
I reckon getting a full 8 hours sleep a night, and exercising is the way out of feeling down. I just never have time to do it
The trouble is, anxiety and sleep don’t go well together. And depression, tiredness and no motivation doesn’t go well with exercise! I’ve been telling myself for weeks to go for a bike ride.
If you can afford to then take a couple of days sick leave from work. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at taking time off for a broken leg or stomach bug and your mental health should be equally as important. You need to put some time aside for you to focus on your needs. That means not your job, your fella or your piggies but YOU. Even 30-60 mins a day focussed on yourself is a start.

Maybe meditation, maybe some crafts, try getting the watercolours out and doing some painting again.

I can’t afford to take anytime off work unfortunately. We’re struggling with finances and I must work to pay for future vet bills. :( And as much as I hate working and moan about it.. when I have a day off, like today. I do absolutely nothing and feel worse. At least being at work forces me to chat to customers and my co worker so helps take my mind off other things for a little while. Though, I come home socially exhausted.. can’t win with mw
I wish today I’d done some craft, some painting or something but instead I did nothing.. well actually I dyed my hair brown! (It was natural mousey blonde) :eek: !
Thank you for your suggestions and support, it means a lot. I think I’ll try my best tomorrow to do something nice for myself.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words, I really don’t know what I’d do without this forum

Thanks for sharing your experience with also moving abroad. Well I have my partner but I’m not very good at talking to him, in fact I’m not very good at talking to anyone as I just get defensive, Embarrassed and just start crying. I don’t want to phone and vent/cry to my mum as she’s upset enough that I’ve moved abroad..
My only proper friend out here is also majorly struggling with her mental health at the moment so I don’t want to offload on her. I only know a few other people out here , no one that I’d as for support. I guess some of my problem at the moment is feeling quite isolated and alone.

The trouble is, anxiety and sleep don’t go well together. And depression, tiredness and no motivation doesn’t go well with exercise! I’ve been telling myself for weeks to go for a bike ride.

I can’t afford to take anytime off work unfortunately. We’re struggling with finances and I must work to pay for future vet bills. :( And as much as I hate working and moan about it.. when I have a day off, like today. I do absolutely nothing and feel worse. At least being at work forces me to chat to customers and my co worker so helps take my mind off other things for a little while. Though, I come home socially exhausted.. can’t win with mw
I wish today I’d done some craft, some painting or something but instead I did nothing.. well actually I dyed my hair brown! (It was natural mousey blonde) :eek: !
Thank you for your suggestions and support, it means a lot. I think I’ll try my best tomorrow to do something nice for myself.

One thing my husband often says to me is "you don't need to do anything" self care is important and actually if what you need is rest and to veg in front of the TV that's ok too. Don't be hard on yourself. I'm like you with work, technically I could take time off but prefer routine to keep me going

Sometimes I do nothing all day and when I look back on it I think it's a day wasted doing nothing. At the time though it's what I needed to do. All of us need me time. The washing up, ironing and general other housework will still be there tomorrow. As long as you look after yourself and your various animals thats all you need to do.

You don't think it will get you, but it gradually cagxhe sup with you, I'm very bad for watching YouTube in bed and before I know it, I'm left with 5 hours sleep, I've gone into a 22 hour shift today, or yesterday 🤔😴, on 5 hours sleep. I gota sort it out, cuz I'm feeling bad in the head.
Of course, your body will let you know when it's had enough of the youtube shernannigans 😉 trouble is with me I'm a night owl & come alive in the evening 💃 I did a good thing recently & did dry January which I've continued apart from weekends & i got a good book from the library. I just need to get to bed early enough to read it now! 🤣

Sleep is definately the key (St Johns Wort & a Horlicks helps with insomnia along with an essential oil diffuser).

Actually @Hannah_xx - a diffuser might help you as there are some very good combinations for stress, anxiety & low mood) x

Of course, your body will let you know when it's had enough of the youtube shernannigans 😉 trouble is with me I'm a night owl & come alive in the evening 💃 I did a good thing recently & did dry January which I've continued apart from weekends & i got a good book from the library. I just need to get to bed early enough to read it now! 🤣

Sleep is definately the key (St Johns Wort & a Horlicks helps with insomnia along with an essential oil diffuser).

Actually @Hannah_xx - a diffuser might help you as there are some very good combinations for stress, anxiety & low mood) x

The only thing I would add to this is to be extremely cautious with St John's Wort. If you are on any other medication at all speak to your GP before. I wanted to take it previously but it's contraindicated with a lot of medications including the contraceptive pill which I was on to control my endometriosis

Yea you are right, it's just breaking through that barrier I guess. I'm not Dr, I hope you get better soon 👍

To top it off I’m now sick.. well I think I am. I woke up in the early hours with the WORST headache I’ve had for a very long time, absolutely banging. And I felt a bit queasy and shaky.
Took 2 paracetamol with water and after a long while finally got back to sleep.
Got up feeling slightly better, went out to sort the horses and put the pigs outside while I cleaned them out. Starting to feel a bit rough again, my body is a bit weak.
But got to be okay as I’m taking Patrick to the vet today to check out his eye.. and now I’m wondering if I should take Wilma too.. 😭

Oh dear that doesn't sound good. Poor you. A banging head isn't what you need. If you feel that Wilma needs to see the vet take her along with Patrick even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

I feel for you. Caring for poorly piggies is so stressful. Hope Patrick (and Wilma) have a good vet visit and you feel better. You're doing well.

Thank you!
Well I was crying a lot this afternoon once is spoke to the vet and decided to take Wilma along with Patrick to ‘see how she’s going’. I kept looking at Wilmas cute little face and thinking this is her last day.. but she’s still wheeking for food :( .
Well anyway to cut a long story short, My vets advice was to take Wilma home and continue monitoring her as she was happy that Wilma was still eating, still wheeking for more food, happily getting about. She listened to her lungs as I told her about Wilma now breathing faster, which she agreed she is but all sounded okay no crackling noises etc. Wilma is doing okay for now :luv: We will continue to take each day as it comes. It didn’t feel right to let her go today, she’s not quite ready to go yet. I’m glad the vet thought the same. I was prepared for the worst. I now feel a little bit better after her trip to the vet.
patrick looks like he may have cataracts, drops for now. Once things have calmed down here with the pigs etc we will look into it more. For now we keep an eye on it.

Drove home Just as a storm was brewing! Got through the front door with the pigs and a huge clap of thunder went off and it’s now pouring down with rain as well as constants rumbles of thunder and flashes of lighting. I love a storm!
BC802DFC-18ED-4509-82C9-0D2264B00A5D.png
And yes this sigh does say SNAKE VALLEY :)) 4BC2A91E-B312-4F43-A6EC-64F323683C27.pngBE666750-C042-42BC-9DDA-DE3CBDC23E51.png

Thank you!
Well I was crying a lot this afternoon once is spoke to the vet and decided to take Wilma along with Patrick to ‘see how she’s going’. I kept looking at Wilmas cute little face and thinking this is her last day.. but she’s still wheeking for food :( .
Well anyway to cut a long story short, My vets advice was to take Wilma home and continue monitoring her as she was happy that Wilma was still eating, still wheeking for more food, happily getting about. She listened to her lungs as I told her about Wilma now breathing faster, which she agreed she is but all sounded okay no crackling noises etc. Wilma is doing okay for now :luv: We will continue to take each day as it comes. It didn’t feel right to let her go today, she’s not quite ready to go yet. I’m glad the vet thought the same. I was prepared for the worst. I now feel a little bit better after her trip to the vet.
patrick looks like he may have cataracts, drops for now. Once things have calmed down here with the pigs etc we will look into it more. For now we keep an eye on it.

Drove home Just as a storm was brewing! Got through the front door with the pigs and a huge clap of thunder went off and it’s now pouring down with rain as well as constants rumbles of thunder and flashes of lighting. I love a storm!
View attachment 133531
And yes this sigh does say SNAKE VALLEY :)) View attachment 133532View attachment 133533
I'm sorry that you haven’t been well but am glad that Wilma is still doing well.

That looks an amazing storm! x

It's not surprising you are feeling the physical effects now. Stress does that to you so please be kind to yourself. You've a lot going on which all has an impact and if there is a storm brewing in the air then I believe that could have contributed to the headache too. Try and rest a little

It's not surprising you are feeling the physical effects now. Stress does that to you so please be kind to yourself. You've a lot going on which all has an impact and if there is a storm brewing in the air then I believe that could have contributed to the headache too. Try and rest a little

yes, I had a feeling I’d give myself a headache.. and I did, a very painful one! It’s lurked for most of the day, It wore me out cleaning the pigs out this morning but surprisingly I feel a little better this evening.
I agree, I do sometimes get a headache when a storm is in the air. All that pressure gets to my head!

Back