I'm so worried about the strong wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
got up this morning to a power cut the pole had been blown over (things are still over ground here on the Island not underground, so we often get power cuts, but Micks jsut come home and is picking kids up from school as the winds so bad, the roof tiles are rattling and the conservatory is making wierd noises, I'm so worried about my pigs sheds theya re pretty well secluded by next doors hedging. but i've just told mIck I definatly want to move as we are on top of a hill, and these bad winds are getting more often, not a good place to be in the awlful weather we are getting more often, did you see NW London wow poor people

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been really bad here too. It was nearly black outside mid morning, terrible wind and rain, rain, rain - could hardly see the buildings across the courtyard! Hope it's not too bad at home time!

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Big hugs, Michelle.

Tis freezing here and the wind is bad! Our front door keeps opening so have had to lock it (not leave it on latch) and letter box needs to be taped down as it's frightening our cats.

Stops raining for a few minutes then chucks heavily!

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thinking of you Michelle and bighugs.

The weather here has been pretty bad, very strong winds (blowing a gale now!) and heavy rain. Also; as we live in a village on a hill we have no protection from buildings either.

I feel for those affected by the North London tornado and what a scary thing to happen.

Clare xx

michellemuffin

Reaction score
was quite frightning MIck had to push a corner tile back on the roof or the whole lot would have followed good thing we live in a bungalow, got rechargedable torch charged and ready packed the pigs runs out with hay in case the heating went off, all got ready for bed early in case the electric went off , but looks like we got away light loads of trees down just waiting for the land slips now that often happens, after heavy weather a few days after, the last one hit the back of a hotel in Shanklin trapping people in it,

B

Beaney

Sounds awful.....

Wind is bad here too - we've just lost half of our fence down one side. Keep checking on the piggys in the shed and they seem fine.

G

gothchick1515

Its windy here to Michele my mums friend lives on the island and was stranded when they stopped the ferrys the other evening! we worry about the shed too but my dads filled the base with brezze blocks it would take a hurricane to move that!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
I dont think people believe me when I say you can get stranded when the ferrys are cancelled lol, just one of the little quirks living here,
we got away with it this time but apparently its back again tonight and tomorrow, my pigs are snuggled under so much hay Ic ant find them all lol mind you a rattle of a bag soon has them appear,
I would say the sheds are pretty much protected by next doors hedging but after seeing what happened in London that would make my sheds matchsticks gulp!

Status
Not open for further replies.