I'm Such A Sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've been in Whitecourt where I'm living for the summer, for almost two weeks right? And I've already found myself a straggler to care for. I've seen this Great Pyrenees pup around the bunkhouse where I live for the last week. It looks to be about 4 months old and I was tempted to throw out some kibble for it right away but I waited because I thought that it might be a dog that had just wandered from it's home. Anyways, I went on the community lost dogs page and there she was! The last time I saw her was this morning at 8 am and she took off when she saw me. She's VERY skittish. The last time I scared her off, I saw her again the next day. Now I'm worried because someone else spotted her at a spot across the highway at about 2 pm. I haven't seen her since this morning :( I put out some kibble this evening in the hopes of keeping her in one place so that this guy who owns her can come and get her but the problem is that she is people shy and doesn't want to be caught. The guy who owns her was bringing her home when she got out of his truck and ran off. I have to admit that he seems like a sketchy dude. I mean, he's put up her picture on the site and has been answering to messages etc. but there's just something about the whole thing that's weird. Plus he works and lives in a place that's 3 hours away from here! Anyways, we're supposed to get 7 cm of snow overnight (it's snowing right now). Thankfully it's not meant to be too cold: about -3 celsius and the pup is the kind that can survive some cold nights with a long, thick coat. I'm going to go out tomorrow morning and see if the kibble is gone but I'm going to be gone from tomorrow evening until sunday afternoon. I don't know how this guy intends to catch this pup- all he said is "please catch that dog." Apparently I'm some kind of miracle worker. There aren't any SPCA's in town. There is apparently a dog catcher but I don't think they would have a trap- which I think would be the only way to catch this dog. I'm going to see if Edmonton (where I'll be this weekend) has someone that will loan or rent a trap. I just wish that people would take better care with their dogs! I've owned a billion dogs and never has one EVER been lost. There's a lady on this site that has a pit bull that literally goes "walk-about" once a week! And another who's lost her beagle several times. If your dog is getting away from you, you need to change something. I'm so worried that this pup is going to be hit on the hwy and it's not even my dog!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Aww poor pup! I hope you manage to catch her/he! If the pup was mine i'd be frantic and up there as soon as I got the call to say that it had been spotted!

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
@Jennifer D what happened, did you catch the puppy?
I lost my dog for a couple of hours the other day. He never does this, but he slipped out when we were putting the bins out. We were all upset because it was the day my horse died, perhaps he did not want to stay in the house with so much emotion? Anyway, I was hysterically searching for him. It was horrible. I was so relieved to find him!

Jennifer D

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She's disappeared :( I stayed up until 2 am one morning with binoculars and the only thing that came to eat the kibble I was putting out was a fox. I haven't seen her since last friday and I used to see her at least once a day. I emailed and left messages for the supposed owners. Didn't hear one thing back. Disgusting people. I could have caught her sometime in the first two weeks if they would have only tried to get a trap. I'm still going to keep an eye out for her but I'm pretty sure she's died :(

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. It does not sound much like they actually wanted to find her?

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I really hope she turns up. Poor pup :(

@Goth Mummy Did your horse die? The girl(?) you were telling me about that you've had for 25 years and been through everything with?

Galaxy&nibbles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh no poor dog. I'd be awful if I saw a dog by itself, I'd be worrying myself senseless! I really hope you see her again soon. Hope she's ok and not what you fear!

Status
Not open for further replies.