• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

I'm taking bets on whether they'll be out to fix this before it gives completely

Lorcan

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
DSC_0115.JPG
There's nothing to win, though, except maybe a sense of satisfaction or maybe terror. All you lovely people, meet my ceiling!

This has been an issue for a year, but in the last week water has clearly been getting in again somewhere. I have no insurance because it's impossible to get for a couple of reasons and I have regular nightmares about internal waterfalls lol.

Is there someone above you?

Nope! It's a problem with the roof. Which it was last year too when I had to replace stuff for around £100 because of the insurance issues AND I was told I should move back into the flat because the floor was dry (it was still damp, but what would I know, being the person actually walking on it).
There was no smoke alarm and a light fitting was missing. The bare wires were still drying out, but it was definitely safe to move back. Also they lost records of repair reports so I had to replace my stuff and go hungry for a week because the fridge got switched off with no warning. And it was my fault for not having the insurance I can't get.

If there's anything even remotely similar this year god help every single one of them because I'm not paying for their negligence two years running.

I think a barrage of calls is needed again. Hope they actually do sort it this time!

Oh dear, that doesn’t look good :( I hope you get it sorted soon

Just wish we could work out where it's getting in. It's not at that corner, and they had to clear the gutters again barely a couple of weeks ago because my neighbour (on this side of the building and the same floor) also has water leak issues.

You can't see it in the photo but the ceiling looks like it's beginning to bow if you look at it from the right angle.

I would ring your MP ...maybe go to citizens advice.its discussing you have to put up with this.if you were electrocuted it would be seen as neglect of there duties,due to health and safety.keep a copy of all letters,phone calls,e mails,any communication.i hope it is sorted out promptly.

That's what I said. Although not to that person specifically because she doesn't ever want to talk to me again. I'm not really very sorry, honestly.

Seriously though it's got so bad just in the last week, it's ridiculous. I actually feel sorry for the neighbours. If the worst happens it'll almost certainly knock out the smoke alarm again (that hole near the wall, a light fitting and the smoke alarm are all in a line - if one gets hit they all do) and it's one of those ones that gets wired into the mains - there is no getting it to shut up without getting an actual electrician out. And you know my luck, the proverbial will hit the fan in the wee hours of the morning just to make everyone happy!

It's my neighbour I'm more worried about. I get the massive deluges sure, but she permanently has water dripping in if it's been raining. It's beyond ridiculous.

Also I'm currently at a keyboard so typing is easier:

My building is a block of studio flats, but according to every insurance company ever (and actually every company everywhere) it's a building of multiple occupancy. Like I have to put my address in manually for everything because otherwise it just defaults to the building name. If I was just getting insurance for the flat, that's fine, but because it's counted as a building of multiple occupancy, it isn't doable - I've not been avoiding getting insurance for two years for the fun of it, which certain managers seem to believe.

Also I'm currently at a keyboard so typing is easier:

My building is a block of studio flats, but according to every insurance company ever (and actually every company everywhere) it's a building of multiple occupancy. Like I have to put my address in manually for everything because otherwise it just defaults to the building name. If I was just getting insurance for the flat, that's fine, but because it's counted as a building of multiple occupancy, it isn't doable - I've not been avoiding getting insurance for two years for the fun of it, which certain managers seem to believe.

It's okay, it'll soon be an 'executive apartment' with a lofted ceiling that wide views of the sky that's 'well ventilated', perfect for the budding mycologist :).

Oh, and the other new "design feature" - I keep thinking it's damp, but it's not, it's cracking. This is above my bed, and only started a couple of weeks ago

DSC_0117.JPG

Open plan living space with easy access to the garden :)
I mean, there is no garden, just a few trees full of hungry squirrels, naughty crows, stubborn Robins, cranky blackbirds and nosy pigeons.
That wall is the only thing between me and absolute chaos.

I mean, there is no garden, just a few trees full of hungry squirrels, naughty crows, stubborn Robins, cranky blackbirds and nosy pigeons.
That wall is the only thing between me and absolute chaos.

Arboreal open plan living space, luxury treehouse decor! - I can imagine it now :D

I'll do you a swap for it!
:P I do the creative writing, I don't have to believe it.
Nobody would let or buy a property if you described the place's best discerning feature is that your loved ones will make a killing on the negligence case once the thing's killed you XD.

:P I do the creative writing, I don't have to believe it.
Nobody would let or buy a property if you described the place's best discerning feature is that your loved ones will make a killing on the negligence case once the thing's killed you XD.

:whistle:

Does it sound awful that I don't want to have to replace the TV? I can't afford to and I like my TV, damn it. It's right in the firing line and I have nowhere else to put it. Was bad enough to lose the monitor last year, and those are infinitely cheaper to replace.

:whistle:

Does it sound awful that I don't want to have to replace the TV? I can't afford to and I like my TV, damn it. It's right in the firing line and I have nowhere else to put it. Was bad enough to lose the monitor last year, and those are infinitely cheaper to replace.

XD Wrap it in a transparent pak-a-mak? :P

Back