• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 In lockdown again. Ridiculous!

Claire W

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
So as I live in East Lancashire, it has just been announced that we are in lockdown again! That’s fair enough but it means that I can’t go to my parents house and mix with them but I can still go to the pub 🤔🤦‍♀️ It doesn’t make sense!

Oh! I only heard that families aren’t allowed to meet. Does that mean your family could go to the pub and you could go to the pub and meet there?

I haven’t seen the news today. Which areas are affected by these new tighter restrictions?

I haven’t seen the news today. Which areas are affected by these new tighter restrictions?
Greater Manchester...Yorkshire somewhere?...about four areas were mentioned but I’ve forgotten them now!

We are quite close to another lockdown in Northampton. So non essentials closed again. And this isn't even a second wave. Its just a spike. Roll on a vaccine 🤞

So as I live in East Lancashire, it has just been announced that we are in lockdown again! That’s fair enough but it means that I can’t go to my parents house and mix with them but I can still go to the pub 🤔🤦‍♀️ It doesn’t make sense!
Stupid isn't it. I guess they are trying to stop job losses by keeping pubs open.

So everything in Leicester is going back to normal except no gyms, swimming pools, leisure centres and no going to anyone elses house

Oh! I only heard that families aren’t allowed to meet. Does that mean your family could go to the pub and you could go to the pub and meet there?
Just heard that you can only meet with the people in your support bubble (one other household) in a restaurant

Just heard that you can only meet with the people in your support bubble (one other household) in a restaurant
Have people been meeting willy nilly then?

I live about 15 miles from Blackburn the place should been lockdown before Leicester was.
The area and councils will only take direct orders off religious leaders. . Not government . . I'm not havin a a go as fear of getting told off . . But I'm being Factual and can be confirmed if you look at news.
. 6 weeks ago a wedding took place 100% against guidelines 250 guests attended and the ceremony was conducted by a "man" who has Corvid .
250 people . . Blackburn hospital is full .
I respect what most people are doing to basically at times to keep alive. . But that was wrong and nothing was done about it .

I live about 15 miles from Blackburn the place should been lockdown before Leicester was.
The area and councils will only take direct orders off religious leaders. . Not government . . I'm not havin a a go as fear of getting told off . . But I'm being Factual and can be confirmed if you look at news.
. 6 weeks ago a wedding took place 100% against guidelines 250 guests attended and the ceremony was conducted by a "man" who has Corvid .
250 people . . Blackburn hospital is full .
I respect what most people are doing to basically at times to keep alive. . But that was wrong and nothing was done about it .

Around here, it’s the Asian communities who are more at risk. I take it it’s the same around you too? It’s Eid so they are all mixing in each other’s homes. And I’m not being racist, they’ve even said it on the news.

But a wedding of 250 people isn’t good at all 🤦‍♀️ x

Kirklees and Calderdale (where my family is from in Yorkshire) have just gone into lockdown too, no visiting other people's houses... which my daughter is quite pleased about as some friends from there who she doesnt really like were threatening to visit her this weekend! But it must be a big inconvenience for everyone affected, especially at such short notice...

Back