Indoor run size

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What minimum height would you say is suitable for an indoor run. My pigs don't look capable of jumping out, but you never know. I'm looking for a run for my son's piggies as I don't have enough argos grids left for a run for me and him, I've seen these:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/14521 (25 cm tall)

and

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/14543 (23 cm tall)

and

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/30085 (45 cm tall)

Any views?

B

Beaney

I am not sure how old yours are but I would probably go for the highest to be sure. My girls (Tia especially) can jump really high when they want to - Tia has shocked me on occassion with her leaps! Mine are very young though. My experience of piggys has been that when they are older they tend to jump less - probably because they don't want to (i.e. happy to stay where they are!) rather than they can't!

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hugo and Hurley are only young

Fudge is 6 months old now but he's slowing down, just plods around really snoozing on his hay inbetween but H&H are still scatty and quick

B

Beaney

kayjay said:

Fudge is 6 months old now but he's slowing down, just plods around really snoozing on his hay inbetween but H&H are still scatty and quick
Probably safer to go for the higher one.... just in case!

By the way (off topic) - are you still getting your two long haired piggys or have you got them already? They looked so gorgeous in the pictures!

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Beaney said:
kayjay said:

By the way (off topic) - are you still getting your two long haired piggys or have you got them already? They looked so gorgeous in the pictures!
I get them on Saturday :) :D :) I've just finished building the C&C cage today, two layers at the bottom for the new girls, then the top layer is for Fudge, I'm hoping to try him with a baby boar when he's a bit older so I thought I can build upwards if I need to.

My OH has noticed the middle layer is empty, well I might get one more so I've made room for him/her ;D

Hugo and Hurley are upstairs in my son's bedroom.

M

minky

Wow that sounds great do you have any pictures of it at all.

I shall hopefully be having 2 girls from our local rescue after they have done the home check..

B

Beaney

kayjay said:
Beaney said:
kayjay said:

I get them on Saturday :) :D :) I've just finished building the C&C cage today, two layers at the bottom for the new girls, then the top layer is for Fudge, I'm hoping to try him with a baby boar when he's a bit older so I thought I can build upwards if I need to.

My OH has noticed the middle layer is empty, well I might get one more so I've made room for him/her ;D

Hugo and Hurley are upstairs in my son's bedroom.
How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures once you have them. I love all piggys but the long haired just make me go Awwww!

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you know if these pens can be folded up? I'd quite like one because when i let malcolm and leroy around my living room I never quite know where they are going to leave me little surprises :D

Trouble is, I don't have enough space to keep it made up all the time.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't know, sorry, but I would have thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.