Ink Stain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fr0ggy

I've just splilt ink all over my carpet down the stairs-anyone know what to do about cleaning it? I've put come kitchen roll on it for now to try and absorb the worst of it. Any help would be appreciated! By the way it's printing ink out of a home pc printer. Thanks x

Abnoba

Reaction score
is it a big carpet, or could you possibly get it into the washing machine?

Anyway, I found with any sort of ink its always best to keep it moist, once a stain dries in its a bugger to get it out again.

When I washed my uniform and left a pen in the pocket, it came out of the wash with lots of blue stains on it! I put it straight back into the wash and had it go through the hottest cycle, and there are only tiny spots where you can see a pink stain left, all the others have washed out completely.

Maybe diluting it would help, if you cant put it into the washing machine? pouring really hot water on it and scrubbing it?

also the White Wizard stain remover from Lakeland Limited works wonders on most stains, havent tried it on printer ink yet though...

darkest.dreaming

Reaction score
I've not had a stain like yours, but i find baby wet wipes are good at getting stains out of things if caught early enough. God knows whats in them! :) :o

michellemuffin

Reaction score
vanish works great if you can get the powder and layer it on the wet stain the powder soaks the stain up I alwasy have it indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.