Internet provider's?

Skullblits

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Who's your internet provider?

I'm with virgin media and have been with them for a very long time. But they have gotten beyond expensive.
I'm paying almost £60. My contract is ending very soon.. for a landline I never use. Basic TV and 50MB of internet that's been upgraded to 100MB for free.
There discounts for loyal customers have gotten worse.
And to top it off. They are nearly impossible to get in touch with because of covid.

I was looking into switching but the other ones I've looked at all say not to contact them unless urgent.

Kind of stressing out over this

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We’ve always been with BT except for one year when we were with talk talk. It was okay but then later the internet was slow and didn’t work as it had or should. When that ended we came back to BT. We always pay for a landline that we don’t need but them’s the breaks 🤷🏾‍♀️

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Look on moneysavingexpert for their guide. Do a comparison. Call virgin media, tell them you want to cancel your contract because it's too expensive and you will go to X for a whatever the amount is. They will cut your bill right down to keep you

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
£60 is extortionate! I'm with Sky, I get Sky Q, multi-room, landline, TV package, unlimited fibre broadband and a mobile with unlimited calls and texts for £95 a month.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I just get internet through my mobile phone, then broadcast it from my mobile hotspot to my laptop... £20 per month for 10Gb data and unlimited calls and texts from O2... and piggy daddy does the same with his Giffgaff sim card on pay as you go for about half the price! We dont have and dont want TV (I prefer to watch guinea pigs!) so that works really well for us :)

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We're with BT Fibre 100 with Halo 1 (average speed around 125mbps more or less) and we pay £54.49 monthly, including the phone rental. BT Sport package is an extra £22.50 though.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Broadband bills is something I often helped my clients get to grips with and have the confidence to get better deals. One of my clients regularly didn't pay virgin on time but when she said she was leaving them they knocked £5 off a month as a "good customer" :)) if you want to talk specifics of your bill feel free to message me

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So I have just had a real nightmare with this, during the thunderstorms a few weeks back our router blew up so I was in desperate need of a new one, being out of contract I could either buy a new router or sign up to a new deal and get one included, I chose the latter and used my cooling off period to find a better deal, not ideal but hubby working from home meant we couldn't be without internet. So contacted a new supplier, cheaper deal, all kit to be posted out and they would deal with the line take over before my cooling off period ended and I didn't have to do anything, I queried this last point several times and was assured it would all be in hand. So a couple of weeks passed and nothing received I contact new provider to be told they would look into it, at the beginning of this week I get an email from current provider saying that sorry you are leaving, your bill will be £644 :yikes:
Contact new supplier, who were utterly unhelpful and incompetent to discover they had only just placed my order, not within the cooling off as they had assured me, so now I have cancelled that order and told them how useless and ridiculous they were and had to contact current provider to say please cancel my cancellation and now currently stuck paying a higher bill for the next 18 months.