Introducing Ginger and Cocoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

I am a newbie to this forum. If you'd like, you may read my intro here.

Ginger and Cocoa have only been with us for 10 days. Tonight, I brought them out to sit on the couch with DH and me. DH gave them a couple of raisins. Later, I gave each of them a seedless grape. You could see the light bulbs go on in their little heads: "Being out with the humans has its rewards!"

DH got up to go to the other room and then the games began, Ginger kept running over to sit in my lap. Cocoa is more timid, so he just came and snuggled by my leg.

Then Ginger invented a new game. He would run up my body, around the back of my neck and then down my arm, which became a ramp to the couch. He did that twice in a row; I'm convinced that he knew what he was doing.

Anyway, since they were out and about I decided to take a couple of pics with my cell phone. The quality isn't great, but here, without further to do are my pig boys.

Piggies2.jpg

piggiepics1.jpg

I love them so much.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aw your boys are adorable <3

The little game he's invented is just cute as hell.
Sounds like they trust you very well =)

Reaction score
Aw your boys are adorable <3

The little game he's invented is just cute as hell.
Sounds like they trust you very well =)
Thank you, Julesie.

It melts my heart every time Ginger climbs into my lap or puts his little paws on my leg and looks up at me. They are so personable.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you, Julesie.

It melts my heart every time Ginger climbs into my lap or puts his little paws on my leg and looks up at me. They are so personable.

You're welcome. :)

Aww thats so adorable. My boys aren't brave enough to come up to me, but they do rush up to the edge of the cage if they want food or know I'm going out to get some. XD

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) One of your piggies looks rather like my Casey (tan one in my dp) They are stunning piggies :D

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
AWW - they are a lovely pair!

It is great that they are so friendly! So many shop piggies have barely had any human contact before they were sold and are very skittish.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum, your piggies are lovely. It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job with them. I have two boys Basil and Snowball and I love them to bits.

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for your warm welcome and for the compliments on my handsome piggies.:rose

Petco (big American chain petstore) had several adult piggies who were up for adoption -- all pets that someone didn't want anymore. Ginger and Cocoa had been brought in by two different owners. They left no information on either pig, not even their names. I think that's so sad. Petco discovered that these two got along well, so they put them in the same enclosure. Since I wanted a same-sex pair, I got them.

I don't know how old they are. That concerns me a little bit, since I want them to be with me for many years to come.:...

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwwwww x) too cute! x) Such sweeties! x)

Plebob

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum - your boys are identical to my piggies! Cola is the same colour as Cocoa (I presume) and Pixie is the same as Ginger. They do match well don't they? My 3rd (Rosie) is tricoloured so she kind of spoils the look!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum - your boys are identical to my piggies! Cola is the same colour as Cocoa (I presume) and Pixie is the same as Ginger. They do match well don't they? My 3rd (Rosie) is tricoloured so she kind of spoils the look!
Thank you for the warm welcome, Plebob.

Cola, Pixie and Rosie are lovely names. The tri-colored piggies are my favorite from an aesthetic perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.