• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is it weird I’m knowledgeable about guinea pigs except when its my own?!

• Thread starter Deleted member 149618
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 149618

Okay, so, hear me out.
If someone has a question about guinea pigs, I’m usually able to answer, but when I have a question about MY guinea pigs, I'm CLUELESS! It makes me wonder if I’m just dumb or…. dumb..? Lol.

There could also be an element of being more invested in your own piggies than other people’s piggies and therefore doubting the answer or seeking reassurance about the answer. That happens even to the best of us. But one thing I would say - unless you are a very experienced owner with many years and a wealth of experience, it’s probably wise to exercise a degree of caution when giving advice to others on the internet.

There could also be an element of being more invested in your own piggies than other people’s piggies and therefore doubting the answer or seeking reassurance about the answer. That happens even to the best of us. But one thing I would say - unless you are a very experienced owner with many years and a wealth of experience, it’s probably wise to exercise a degree of caution when giving advice to others on the internet.
Ah, my bad. I’ll be more careful. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to always want to help, sometimes incorrectly helping, I’ll definitely be more careful with my answers and allow the experts to answer instead 👍

Good call @PeachesThePig .
When you are a naturally caring person it’s always a temptation to want to help.
This something we all learn on the forum, that there are some very knowledgeable people who have the real expertise to give answers within a well controlled setting.
Those of us who lack that expertise restrict ourselves to sharing support and personal experience and learn from everyone else.
Unfortunately with the internet there is so much nonsense posted it’s a minefield trying to discern what is good and what is not.

You do come across as a caring person, channel that quality well and you will become an asset to the forum

Good call @PeachesThePig .
When you are a naturally caring person it’s always a temptation to want to help.
This something we all learn on the forum, that there are some very knowledgeable people who have the real expertise to give answers within a well controlled setting.
Those of us who lack that expertise restrict ourselves to sharing support and personal experience and learn from everyone else.
Unfortunately with the internet there is so much nonsense posted it’s a minefield trying to discern what is good and what is not.

You do come across as a caring person, channel that quality well and you will become an asset to the forum
Thank you! I’ll be much more cautious about answering questions I don’t have a verified answer to.

Thank you! I’ll be much more cautious about answering questions I don’t have a verified answer to.
There is also nothing wrong with offering support or good thoughts, whilst admitting that you don't know the actual answer.
Sometimes people appreciate knowing that others are thinking of them, as much as they appreciate guidance and advice.

There is also nothing wrong with offering support or good thoughts, whilst admitting that you don't know the actual answer.
Sometimes people appreciate knowing that others are thinking of them, as much as they appreciate guidance and advice.
Absolutely - very often I don't know the answer - but it's good to offer support when someone is having a tough time with their piggies or other issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back