• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is my piggy bloated?

But if she is only three months old she should still be gaining the same amounts. Weight loss won’t slow until she is much much older.
Have you been able to get hold of the vet?
The slowing is still very minimal, at 35 ish grams a week. I have seen a vet previously and said that she was completely healthy, although I will start weighing daily rather than weekly.

Ensure she is eating enough hay. As long as she is gaining, but it really shouldn’t be slowing yet. It may go in waves but as long as it is going up.
However the more urgent matter is the fact that you think she may be bloated and hasn’t eaten - this is urgent. Bloat can be life threatening so it is essential she sees a vet today if you suspect bloat and step in with syringe feeding if she isn’t eating hay

Okay that’s still not too bad. It’s not entirely minimal. But I would have her seen simply because of her shape. Even when very relaxed she shouldn’t have such a pear shape.

Ensure she is eating enough hay. As long as she is gaining, but it really shouldn’t be slowing yet. It may go in waves but as long as it is going up.
However the more urgent matter is the fact that you think she may be bloated and hasn’t eaten - this is urgent. Bloat can be life threatening so it is essential she sees a vet today if you suspect bloat and step in with syringe feeding if she isn’t eating hay
Will make sure to do that and will book an appointment

Okay that’s still not too bad. It’s not entirely minimal. But I would have her seen simply because of her shape. Even when very relaxed she shouldn’t have such a pear shape.
I am getting her seen today :D

Excellent. Let us know what they say. And take her friend along for company.

How did the vet appointment go?
It was a bloat, so the vet gave us anti gas medication for her. It wasn't at a super bad stage so the vet didn't give us pain medication. Thankfully she is not pregnant.

What medication was she given? Glad to hear she’s not pregnant. Hope she’s feeling better soon

Back