• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is this a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just had a girl knock at the door, she showed me a card saying she was deaf and selling pictures she had drawn (can't remember what they were funding) the pictures were lovely but I don't have any cash on me which I told her, so she put up 5 fingers I guess to say she would take £5 but I don't even have 50p cash atm.
I felt really bad (almost like crying) so I said come back in a couple of weeks, but I've just googled it and it seems like a lot of people do it and might not even be deaf :x

Now I don't know what to think :{

That seems a little odd, I dont like anyone coming to my door asking for money though. It seems we get them often here and they even have the cheek to knock on your door at 8.30-9pm at night which really pees me off. x

I dont tend to get many door to door sales but when I do I always tell them I dont buy at the door the same goes for phone calls selling insurance etc. What gets me so annoyed is that they always seem to phone after 8 oclock

I dont tend to get many door to door sales but when I do I always tell them I dont buy at the door the same goes for phone calls selling insurance etc. What gets me so annoyed is that they always seem to phone after 8 oclock

have you joined up to
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

We hardly get any calls now, if we do we say "can I ask where you got this number please, we're registered with TPS" and they hang up :))

People who ask for money like that are always very good at making people feel guilty though. We had a woman stopping cars at traffic lights here trying to sell candles to us with a wee note attached saying she couldn't afford to feed her children. I was all set to hand over money but my OH stopped me (and told her to get a job...). I felt terrible. She wasn't asking for much. I suppose you never know though.

Similar things happen in Europe when they come round your table with little trinkets and leave a card. It is a shame for people that really have a disability but I just tell my self that they would be affiliated with a registered charity i would think.

have you joined up to
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

We hardly get any calls now, if we do we say "can I ask where you got this number please, we're registered with TPS" and they hang up :))

we are on a NO CALL register in OZ........had so many crank calls from people trying to sell us stuff, i get it work too :p
only trouble is the banks, charities are all still allowed to call people even if on the no call register grrrr

i never ever hand over money at the door, and i will never ever sign up for anything at the door. If I want to enter in to something, i do it, as in i trigger it, i look up the company etc

I think people have a right cheek coming to your property, for me personally i get home and shut the door and want to feel safe and secure and alone if that is the way i want it to be not to have randoms knocking on the door asking for cash, so rude.

I dont answer the door unless I know who is there have even ignored family before as they didnt phone rofl

Very antisocial us

I dont answer the door unless I know who is there have even ignored family before as they didnt phone rofl

Very antisocial us

yeah someone just like me, my mates know to never call round unexpected, and yes they all hate me :))

:)

heyy,
I get this all the time where I live:/ I found out they are not actually deaf but are foreign and don't really understand english. They come to the uk to get a job and someone assigns them to beg like this. Hope this helps. :(|)

my mum and dad, open the door and just say no thanks, smile and close the door :)), and if someone calls and asks for them i say they r not here right now and i dont know when they will be but i ask if i can take a message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back