Is this bullying or normal sow behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The first intro's with Millie to Albie's group all went well apart from Albie mounting her which i know is normal boar behaviour.  However, Maddie who at first would investigate all the noise Millie was making because of Albie has started to go up to Millie & it looks like she's grooming her then she manically chases her & i think nips her behind.  Millie seems frightened by this. Maddie does eventually stop & goes about her business then she'll do it again.  Is she bullying Millie?  Is she jealous of the attention Albie's giving Millie? (he's tried it on with Maddie & got a swift kick to the face) or is she making it plain that she is boss?
I don't know wether to leave them together or not now  :-\

They have 2 pigloos, 2 water bottles, 2 food bowls, 3 tunnels & 2 veg bowls & they were all bathed together before the initial intro's.
There is no blood being drawn just manic chasing. The area i have them in is 3 x 2 grids but i have their 10ft x 2ft hutch all ready outside, would i be better to put them outside where they will have more room?

Niki

UPDATE:  Maddie has just chased Millie into a pigloo & laid down right across the entrance - the little Minx so i've taken her out of the run & have her at the side of me, ooh she is a madam!

EDIT:  After reading the post below, which i did AFTER posting this, i know this is all normal & altho' Maddie's still chasing today (they're now in their hutch) i'm hoping it'll all calm down soon :)

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Hi Nikki,

hope it all settles down. I would imagine there would be some of this kind of stuff but it will hopefully be worth it in the end. As with boys girls CAN actually fallout and bully each other even though it is rare so you were right to keep an eye on things. Sure they will be fine though. :)

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Barmy4boars said:
Hi Nikki,

hope it all settles down. I would imagine there would be some of this kind of stuff but it will hopefully be worth it in the end. As with boys girls CAN actually fallout and bully each other even though it is rare so you were right to keep an eye on things. Sure they will be fine though. :)
I hope so Susie & altho' there was still some chasing today, Millie did go to the veg bowl so it doesn't seem she's feeling intimidated & she followed Maddie right up the hutch, i have no idea why because Maddie turned round & chased her back again.
Is there a given period where you know if it's still happening it's NOT going to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.