• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is this Chooken?

Unfortunately I think that's what happened to the hog we had in :(
Yes, they go down hill so fast! We found a tiny 315 gm little lady on our drive about one month ago. She was very dehydrated and cold. We took her over to the hospital and she gave her injections of a special warm water with glucose and things under her skin. Then put her in an incubator, she’s since started eating again after being syringe fed and has been wormed too. She is a late baby from last year (born around Oct/Nov) time and had no reserves left and this spring has been very hard for them, very dry so no worms, slugs and insects for them to eat. The other two were taken by our neighbours, one with internal bleeding a possible Rta, the other same as our little one (probably the same litter as we had four late babies last year) but just didn’t make it. Such a shame x

You can get Hedgehog food from Morrison’s. I have a hedgehog feeding station in the garden (just an upturned plastic box with an entrance cut out) where I put the food and then a bowl of water outside. You can find details of how to set one up on YouTube. The ones that use the feeding station get the hedgehog biscuits and a few meal worms - they usually polish it off each night!

You can get Hedgehog food from Morrison’s. I have a hedgehog feeding station in the garden (just an upturned plastic box with an entrance cut out) where I put the food and then a bowl of water outside. You can find details of how to set one up on YouTube. The ones that use the feeding station get the hedgehog biscuits and a few meal worms - they usually polish it off each night!
We buy it on the internet, we share the cost with our neighbours (we all have feeding stations) we think we have about 8 individuals at the moment. We have been advised to mark them for identification purposes, so we can get an idea of how many we have. My neighbour got four at once last night, I think some prefer his garden to ours. We have a regular 3 individuals, then a few that turn up around twice a week which we have caught on night vision camera too.

A large upturned plastic box is great as it stops those naughty kitties from eating up all the food 😆 we had one then the men decided to have a go at their woodwork skills (a bit rusty) and made some of of wood plus some hedgehog houses too.

We adore them!

Have you heard when the little beauty can return to your garden yet @Bill & Ted?
So sad the others didn’t make it but she’ll have a great life getting spoilt visiting your garden full of tasty things! :love: And can be famous on here getting caught on your brilliant camera! x

Have you heard when the little beauty can return to your garden yet @Bill & Ted?
So sad the others didn’t make it but she’ll have a great life getting spoilt visiting your garden full of tasty things! :love: And can be famous on here getting caught on your brilliant camera! x
Yes, looking forward to getting her back, not sure when though. She may have to stay there for pregers watch? Although very tiny, like guineas they can get mating quite early x

Yes, looking forward to getting her back, not sure when though. She may have to stay there for pregers watch? Although very tiny, like guineas they can get mating quite early x
Yes I know, poor little babies! Bless her, so good she’s doing well though, thank god you found her x

Awww... so cute. I used to have African pygmy hedgehogs as pets... they loved their pelleted hedgehog food, mealworms, wet cat food (the chicken one), and hard-boiled eggs. Not sure if European hedgehogs like the same things. We don't have any hedgehog species in North America. :(

Back