• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kenickie has just been neutered. his had a check up and the vets really pleased with his progress. His always had "strange" private parts. Very different to my other boars. I can only describe it as like a couliflower. well i checked his wounds today which seem fine but noticed he has spikes of skin on his penis.
Is this normal?
Photo0256.jpg

Photo0257.jpg

pics arent great but you can see the two spikes. If not what the hell is it?

thanks

Nice photos! I seem to remember a thread not so long back about 'cauliflower penis?' or something, can't remember what it said exactly, but if you fancy a trawl with the search forum it might turn up.

Have to say, cauliflowers up north don't look like that! Lol sorry. xxxxxxx

I am no good at links etc, but the thread I meant is dated 1.3.09 started by Lizmar, titled 'delicate problem with boar' . Niki posted a photo of a 'cauliflower' on here, which does look like a cauli. No spikes though I'm afraid. x

thanks nutmeg, i found the thread. its not as obvious as that ones but he does have a strange penis. it didnt look like there was something wrong though until i saw the spikes then i realised it might not be quite normal :(

poor Kenickie having his private parts shown to everyone, he must be sooo embarrassed, lol, anyway looks a bit odd to me, wouldn't hurt to get hi checked out

I've had to cover my girl's eyes so that they don't see those photos :)):(|)

Poor Kenickie having his private parts on show for all the world to see - hope he's doing alright. As has already been said I would get the vet to check it to make sure it is ok.

don't see hpw they can pffend anyone, i was only joking. At the end of the day we need to see what you are talking about. Hope you get it sorted, let us know as interested to see what they are.

don't see hpw they can pffend anyone, i was only joking. At the end of the day we need to see what you are talking about. Hope you get it sorted, let us know as interested to see what they are.

no i didnt say it because of what you said lol i just wantd to make sure it was ok to put them on here as there not very nice. i will defo let you know what happens x

The cauliflower appearance is seen on some males. It is of no significance.
The "spikes" are known as keratinaceous styles and are concerned with copulation.
You have a normal boar.

Aww bless him! Do you think he may have some hay in his manly parts?

haha you know I've know photobucket to remove snaps like these because of er....oh gawd....you know people getting kicks from animal....ok I'll shut up now! :(|)

Haha ok will do...lol

Keep us posted Chez I'm sure its nothing too serious but wise to get him checked over just incase! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back