• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is This Tank Okay For 6 Gerbils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby Inferno

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Recently we adopted 6 gerbils (all together in the same tank) from a rescue centre. The rescue kindly donated the gerbils' tank to us, as we did not have one, though it's not quite big enough for 6 gerbils. Its floorspace is 75 by 30 cm. However I have found a tank on zooplus and was thinking of getting the large one, what do you think? The dimensions are 118.5 x 78.5 x 61 cm (L x W x H): http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/gerbils_cages/348156

Hi! Sorry about this super late reply, but i think the cage would be great for 6 gerbils as it provides a lot of space. You can also think about getting an Ikea Detolf glass cabinet, it costs about $60-$70 and is equal to a 70 (about) gallon tank, BUT you will have to make your own lid.

Gerbils are avid chewers so I'd be wary about the 'rubber wood' frame around this that supports the glass and to whether they can shew through it or not. It is a good size though :)

I lofe the deltof. Sadly no space for it, and I only have 2 ladies, so they have a smaller 3ft tank.

I lofe the deltof. Sadly no space for it, and I only have 2 ladies, so they have a smaller 3ft tank.
I didn't realise you had gerbils too. They're lovely aren't they :)

I originally had 5 but two sadly died
:(

We've had gerbils on and off for years and before we had a group, we had pairs and they always lived in a 3ft tank.

I love them

I love Gerbils, they were the first small pet I ever had as a child and i've had them on and off since. They are fantastic pets!

I love Gerbils, they were the first small pet I ever had as a child and i've had them on and off since. They are fantastic pets!
me too! I think my dad loved the first pair we had as much as I did! He even named them ... Gilbert and Sullivan :))
They were lovely little chaps and lived for AGES!

We started with an epic rotastack set up and then transferred to a tank by the 2/3rd pair, much better and SO much easier to clean!

I started with a small barred cage and as I learned about gerbil care as a kid I upgraded and worked my way up to a tank. My first gerbil was a female black one called Solo (effectionately nicknamed Chubby), then I had two boys, Bangers and mash who where agouti and fawn boys. and from then I had loads as I grew up, got my own house, rescued some that were pregnant etc. Loved all of them!

I've also had gerbils but they sadly passed away. They make amazing pets and they are always so entertaining! I want to adopt another pair but my mom thinks the piggies are enough for now:blink:

I think that would be fine! I looked at your link and in the reviews someone was keeping 2 piggys in the small size which is 78.5cm long x58.5cm wide x 55cm long!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back