• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

It Was Australia Day 26th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
images

The above old poster made the rounds so we took it to heart and BBQd like we never BBQd before! We had all 6 BBQ burners going with lamb chops, snags and steaks just like in the poster. Also the wok with onions and mushrooms. When that batch was done we next BBQd rissoles, roo steaks and camel burgers. We were so stuck into this meateaters paradise we forgot to take the salad out of the fridge & discovered it all wilted the next day. I feel we did Australia Day proud this year!

You can't beat a good barbie, did you chuck many shrimps on you beauty? :))

You can't beat a good barbie, did you chuck many shrimps on you beauty? :))
No we decided meat only no seafood as in the days of this poster Aussies weren't so keen on BBQd seafood just meat. BTW we don't have shrimps, just prawns. :DPaul Hogan (aka Crocodile Dundee) knew better but bowed down to his American masters who wouldn't know what a prawn was!:doh:

Haha, I love BBQ's! Well done for serving your country with the best tradition ever! Also, salad with a BBQ, waste of food space in your stomach if you ask me! P

I know, I've watched Neighbours, Home and Away, Prisoner Cell Block H and Wentworth! :))
Makes up for all the UK shows I've watched - Jonathan Creek, New Tricks, Doc Martin, Death in Paradise. And that Midsomer Murders! How many people live in that village? There's always half a dozen of them dying every show!
Haha, I love BBQ's! Well done for serving your country with the best tradition ever! Also, salad with a BBQ, waste of food space in your stomach if you ask me! P
I reckon you're right! There was no salad in the poster so we celebrated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back