Its absolutely HORRIBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sweetpea attacks all the other guinea pigs, she bites you when you pick her up, Before she nearly bit Satin (Chocy's baby ) i put my hand in on time before, and her teeth were open and ready to simply make the baby bleed, but luckily i was there,
Mum said we might have to get her uthinaised or however you spell it, i said noooO!
Even though i don't really like her, making her go to sleep would be bad..
We are going to ring up her previous owner, and say that she isn't getting along with any of th piggies,

and also Cinnamon is a bit nasty but not as nasty as her, Is it because they can smell boars?

ajb

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You should get her checked for mites, that can make them really irritable.

daleksarah

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
maybe she would be better living by herself,some piggies just dont like others!my Elphie lives happily by herself.
please dont kill her if you dont want to keep her please find her a new home

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I agree is there any way she could live on her own but still see and hear the other pigs?

Tracyxx

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Some guinea pigs are unsociable, just like humans. That's no reason for you to say you don't like her and you definately should not have her put to sleep, that would be a complete waste of a life. Can she live seperately, do you have space to keep her seperately in a place that she can still see the other pigs? There are bound to be rescues if you need to rehome her. Like AJB suggested have you checked her for mites and lice? If she is itchy/poorly she would be very irritable and aggressive.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Just looked at your other thread about her, did she come from an actual rescue who could maybe do a bit of bonding for you with another piggy so she has a friend she gets on with? That's of course after you have ruled out mites etc.

Reaction score
Guinea pigs are like humans, like we can have "non people people" they can have "non piggie piggies."

I agree with the others that she could be on her own and have contact through bars with other guinea pigs, however, is getting another guinea pig and option because since Sweetpea seems like quite a loud guinea pig, maybe she would bond better with another, more quite guinea pig who is a bit older and happpy just to eat and relax without wanting to be boss.

Cinnamon

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please do not have her PTS :( It isn't her fault xx
As i will say and always say, I will never ever ever, put an animal to sleep, only if its close, and its old and in lots of pain.

Now i felt like I said a wrong thing :(

Helen105281 She was from a family, who had her mum but her mum dug a hole, underneath the cage, and ran away, Sweetpea is one year old, and when we got her it was like the owners hadn't even held her, after she was born.
Before the pigs had babies, they would all live happily together, I told mum about the mites and hse said that could be the cause most likely.

Sorry i even mentioned PTS,:(

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear, perhaps you could bond sweetpea with one of the babies when they are ready? She is probably a bit bewildered with all the new little ones running around. Separate her out then perhaps try bonding her when she's more settled? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.