• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Ive had my piggies a week today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffy69

Even though one of them is still a wee bit jumpy. The pair of them are now looking up at me when I talk to them. Before now they gave me the guinea pig glare.lol I'm sure you all know what that is. ;)
Tam my jumpy stuck up little madam sits still when i cuddle her on my lap now, for about 10 mins and then she wants to wunder about, normally up to my neck.Although I'm still fairly weary of her, shes got to get used to me more than the other way round, and is probably checking me out.
The hutch is done now. What I d like to ask is.. Is it ok to put a fleecy throw over the front of the hutch before we put a tarpualine around it. I'm worried they could suffocate. Id like to get a propper cover but my husband has made the hutch from scratch, and a bloomin good job hes done too.xoxo

Member A

Sounds like they've settled in really well! :)

I don't see there being a problem with the fleece blanket although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Would love to see piccies of your hutch if possible! :)

fluffy69

Oh yeah deffo for sure. I shall get piccis up as soon as. It bloomin massive. Double storey as well, and in the summer they will have a run. For now I think its plenty big enough for them both.

fluffy69

My hubs just come up with a really good idea for the hutch doors. Hes going to put a ridge type thing on the doors, so a peice of wood can be slid in front of the wire front.so that the nasty weather is kept out. What a flippin good idea.. Ive got a very clever hub. I will still have the protector around it thoughinbreeding

Rhubarb

OOOH! Can you send your hubby over to me ;)

My son fixes my boys houses but if I'm not careful hubby starts moving car panels into their shed!

Status
Not open for further replies.