• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Ive just...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffy69

Reaction score
Cleaned my piggies out. And they arnt happy. Is this normal. Its taken them ages to start exploring the cage ")

Millie's-Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Meme was like that when i first got her but once she got used to the routine with cage cleaning then there was no stopping her xx

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
if you have new guinea pigs, it can take some time to get used the ritual. Try to soften the blow with some extra treats and fresh food in the new cage, so they have something to look forward to.

fluffy69

Reaction score
Yeah they had fresh veg and a new hay ball when they were put back in. I sat and talked to them for a while. So they knew I was around. but they are really jumpy. lol Bless them

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry, they do get used to it. Ours sometimes still run round a clean cage madly like they've never seen it before. I think they like to get it smelling like home as soon as possible.

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Most of mine go a bit nuts, especially JoJo who hates things being neat and tidy and in their place, and within ten minutes will have the hay rack on the floor, the tube in the way of the water, and his ball in his food bowl.

Dodge has to hump Cherry just to show it may be clean, but it's still his love nest. Poor Cherry.

Whiskey and Noodles, my old girls (4 and a half) are a bit more sedate, they rumble around a bit then go to sleep!

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Most of mine go a bit nuts, especially JoJo who hates things being neat and tidy and in their place, and within ten minutes will have the hay rack on the floor, the tube in the way of the water, and his ball in his food bowl.

Dodge has to hump Cherry just to show it may be clean, but it's still his love nest. Poor Cherry.

Whiskey and Noodles, my old girls (4 and a half) are a bit more sedate, they rumble around a bit then go to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.