• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Jack Rabbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is Jack :

167056_1823936004880_1434651159_2001819_5385186_n.jpg

Husband bought him to cheer me up,
It worked...he'shaving a mad half hour, he's jumping off the sofa, doing a lap of the living room then jumping back on the sofa. When he gets back if i'm not looking at him, he then jumpsonto the laptop.

Him and isobelle live apart because we're saving to get them done, so it's an open one door, close it b ehind you system currently. so far *fingers crosseD*we haven't had any accidents.

Though baby bunnies are so tempting! He likes carrots and humping my leg currently.

:) soon they'll be married... chris and I have showed them to each other, they seem to be okay together.

xx

Last edited:
Keep an eye on them all the time. They can do a lot of damage to each other through the bars. One of my girls nearly ripped the toe of the other girl through the mesh of a run last year.

What a gorgeous little guy. Please don't take any risks as although baby bunnies can be very cute, they can be even harder to find homes for than piggies. Please make sure you get vaccinations for both your bunnies too (myxi and VHD). This is very important, even for house bunnies! This general health care for bunnies can be expensive, but so necessary. Please get them both neutered as soon as you possibly can as this also benefits health, as well as ensuring no unwanted pregnancies.

I feel very strongly about all of this, and bearing in mind that you were struggling to finance treatment for another pet, does worry me.

What a gorgeous little guy. Please don't take any risks as although baby bunnies can be very cute, they can be even harder to find homes for than piggies. Please make sure you get vaccinations for both your bunnies too (myxi and VHD). This is very important, even for house bunnies! This general health care for bunnies can be expensive, but so necessary. Please get them both neutered as soon as you possibly can as this also benefits health, as well as ensuring no unwanted pregnancies.

Great tips there!
I have to vaccinate twice yearly for Myxi in my area. The vet does do a discount when it's time for both Myxi & VHD though. Also Panacur wormer http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-supplies-rabbit-wormers-c-649_651/panacur-rabbit-oral-paste-5g-p-1105 (I do this once every 3 months) I don't think everyone does this but I had a bun with E.Cuniculi so feel strongly about it.

I've heard stories about babies being conceieved through a barrier so you do really have to be careful with buns!

Archie cost about £40 to neuter and Holly £50/60 although this is going back nearly four years now.

They're both vaccined. Don't panic.

I didn't realise that neutering was so important, and so now I've just got to wait untill the3rd of feb and I can the done xox

Some more info
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/uterine.htm

How old is Jack? It might be worth getting him done first if he's old as it does alter their behaviour unlike piggies. Waiting a month or two won't hurt your girly, but it will definitely benefit it her in the long term.

(posting this has reminded me I wanted to join RWAF today lol)

He's just over a year so yeah shall probably get him done first if you think it'll make more of a difference. x

Last edited:
ahh....I thouoght it was 12 for some parculiar reason!:/

Well, i'll book the appointment tomorrow...poor little guy isn't going to be happy with me! xox

They bounce back pretty quickly. My girls healed so fast I was amazed. I agree about the rabbit rehome forum its really good for advice and the members are very caring. I love it on there and have made genuine friends through it. Good luck with your buns they are beautiful xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back