Jareth's Temporary Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaoskat

I was having some real issues with him and his new home. He HATED it. It was too open and the little guy refused to come out of his bowl hidey. I can't get out of town to get him a new cage anytime soon and I didn't want him stressed and afraid until I could. I was at a loss for how to fix the problem until I discovered the other bowls that came with the one he already had under the sink in the bathroom today. Now I've made a series of hideys and tubes for him to move around his cage and get to his food and water and still feel secure. He has 2 open hideys with nothing in them and then onecovering his food dish and one covering his water dish and tunnels connecting them all. Since I finished it a few minutes ago, he's been running back and forth from all the hideys through his tunnels and really seems to be alot happier now. Hopefully I can go get him a proper cage with a wheel and water bottle and the stuff he needs soon but until then at least he'll be a bit more comfortable.

G

gothchick1515

Aww! Looks like a cheaper alternative to rotastak! I'm sure he loves it!

D

DebbieR

That looks fab. What a brilliant idea. Hamsters love tunnels cos that's how they live in the wild. I had rotastak but I wouldn't use it again because it isn't secure enough. I lost 2 hamsters cos they got out and were scared by the cats despite the mountains of sellotape I got through securing it.

K

kaoskat

Thanks! I have no idea what rotastak is though. He seems so much more at ease now. I'm glad I found those bowls.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
It looks fab! Do you tthink he'll always be that way? Or eventually come out of his 'shell' soon?

K

kaoskat

When he gets a cage that's less open I'm sure he'll be fine. He was perfectly happy in he old cage. It's just this tub is so big and he's only the size of a quarter or so and all that open space is scarey to a tiny burrowing prey creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.