Jimmy A Happy Update

JimmythePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wanted to first, say a big thank you to this forum. Jimmy, my former foster piggie, was the first Guinea pig I had ever known and I am go grateful for all the information. I followed all the guides to a T, they are so helpful as are all the posts.
I was inconsolable when I dropped Jimmy off. He was so scared, it was the first time I saw him with his hair puffed up. I had to just hand his carrier to a staff member at the door. I honestly felt like I had abandoned him.
But then his mom emailed me. She sounds so lovely, she actually reminds me a lot of many of the people here, which is exactually what I wanted for him. She said Jimmy is piggie number 9 and her husband has now cut her off for new additions
She said she had Jimmy out and he was relaxed and happy. She suggested we keep in touch, which of course I eagerly agreed.
Still miss him loads, it feels so quiet here and it's sad to get up in the morning without all the excitement and wheeking.
But, I feel like things went as they should and I am so happy Jimmy found such a good home.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s a lovely bittersweet kind of ending. It never gets easier handing them over to new homes, but jut think how much you changed his life caring for him and preparing him for that new home. You’ve done a really great thing.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
You gave Jimmy the best foster home and preparation for his new home.
It sounds as if he landed on his paws with you and his new home

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You have done a wonderful thing for Jimmy and given him the life he deserves. ♥🐾

Freya1234

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well done for caring for Jimmy while he waited for his forever home, you have done such a good job and it is nice to hear that you will be able to get Jimmy updates from his new home!