• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Job interview nerves

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
In one of my job interviews I was asked the question "So what attracted you to answer the job advert?" I wanted to say the job title and the salary as that is what attracted me to apply, but as I didn't think that would go down to well, I had to think fast and just say any old rubbish. It worked as I got the job!

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
For my current job i didnt have an interview, they just said you have 3 months to see what your like, never heard back and I'm still there 5 years later lol.

Sorry about the job, wasnt meant to be 👍

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get the job look on the bright side. There's a better one out there just waiting for you.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get the job. Worth asking for feedback. The last job I was unsuccessful with I got lots of useful feedback from one colleague (it was at my current workplace and he now regularly sends me job adverts he thinks I would be good for) and the other two couldn't tell me anything as apparently they spent an hour going back and forth between me and the guy that got it. I find it helpful to know why I didn't get the job and what my weaknesses were so I know where to improve in future. (my current one is I talk like a team leader too much - always we did this, my team etc when I should be saying I all the time)