• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Job interview nerves

mshappy89

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a job interview coming up tomorrow. I've been in my current role with the NHS for 5 years.

The role is at a research park admin based in one of the research buildings.

It is an interview panel of 4 plus an half hour administrative task. I know i have the experience I am just worried my nerves will get the better of me!

Just give it your best shot. I've been at my place for 11 years this year and had a job interview before Christmas. I got offered the job but I just played to my strengths of what I know I can do and what I can prove I can do. Good luck!

Fingers crossed. Hair done, outfit ready, done the research!
Remember you are interviewing them as much as they are you. You might think god i dont want this. And imagine them as just a skeleton. They are no better or worse than you👍

I take cocodimol for stuff like this or night nurse with a sedative. But dont do it. I'm just stupid, it relaxes my anxiety massively. I rarely do it though haha

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5 years older and sitting on your side of the table.
Very good answer to a stupid question there @Pawz!

And i bet they aren't trained interviewers! I am going to ask them what they love about working there 😁😂
Good one! You'll be fine. Let us know how you get on.

Best of luck! Interviews are scary, but you are great so I am sure you will do well!

Hey it was a team of 4. very much scripted on a bit of paper with each interviewer taking it in turns to ask questions.

They didn't ask the usual like what are your strengths or weaknesses etc. It seemed to go off tangent in places and turn into general chit chat..

Apparently were interviewing others today but i got to the car park mega early. no one went in before or after.

Well firstly well done, it can be really nerve racking and keeping hold of your nerves is key to give a great performance.
So brilliant job x

Back