Jobless from Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Work have told me that I cannot stay and cut my hours down so my last day at the nursery is Friday :( I start college on Monday but I need to find another job quick. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
awwww i'm sorry about your job :( That sucks :(

One suggestion... From the looks of this GREAT website and what an ace job you do running and maintaining it! (I run a couple myself so I know all the hard work you put into it!) You should create and design websites for a living! Theres money to be made out there! :)

x

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Really sorry, Ellie.

Hope you find something soon, and that college is good.

x

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
SweetEdge said:
awwww i'm sorry about your job :( That sucks :(

One suggestion... From the looks of this GREAT website and what an ace job you do running and maintaining it! (I run a couple myself so I know all the hard work you put into it!) You should create and design websites for a living! Theres money to be made out there! :)

x
Thanks for that. :) I am actually doing a web design job for my dad's business - am getting pretty good money for doing that! I think I would find if hard getting work doing websites for people/business' - I need to have a steady income coming in too!

Reaction score
:( Thats a shame you couldnt do it full time, cause you seem to enjoy doing it... One of my mates, made his own company doing companies websites for them... the little tinker charges a fortune now! haha

Hope you find something you enjoy ;)

x

S

snugglypig

Hi Ellie,

I am so sorry. There will be the perfect job out there for you I am sure.

Good luck

karen

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Ellie

Sorry to hear that about your job. I know theres lots of Christmas posts coming up at the mo. My friends had an interview at Lush (cool place to work) not great pay but you get 50% off all products useful for christmas shopping whilst you look for another job?

When i did my access course i did evenings/weekend work as a support worker that fitted in well.

Surestart are a good company to work for if you want childcare work? Our college has lots of hourly paid work supporting students who have additional needs - might be worth asking at your college?

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Yes Christmas work,,, now's the time for that. :)

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I am sure I will hopefully find something anim

Today is my last day :( and I am not even working with my usual kids. At my nursery, there is a baby unit up to 18 months then the toddler unit 18 months - 2yrs 9months/3yrs then they go to the preschool from 2yrs 9months/3 yrs till they go to school. On Thursday last week I was working at the pre-school, Monday this week I was at the pre-school, Tuesday I was in little tods (18months - 2 yrs) when usually I am in big todds (2 yrs - 2yrs 9 months/3) so I wasn't in my usual room then. Wednesday was my day off and yesterday I was told that today I would be at the pre-school again. I told them if I was at the pre-school and not in my usual room then I wouldn't bother coming in so they have let me work in the Toddler Unit but with Little Todds again (next door to my usual room and we usually join rooms when quiet!).

I have got all the kids loads of sweets all in individual bags with a little message inside. I haven't told any of the parents yet I am leaving today so at least they will now know that I am leaving. I also have got a Thank You card to give the Toddler Unit and big box of Celebrations for them and one for the office. :)

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hope your last day goes ok Ellie - its never easy, the bags of sweets and messages is a nice idea :)

D

DebbieR

Sorry your job came to an end that's such a shame. But everything happens for the best and you'll more than likely get a better job where people don't go pinching jackets from under your nose. Did you ever get that back?

Reaction score
Bet it was a sad day yesterday. Hopefully the right job will come along to keep you going while you are at college. When one door closes another one opens... like the idea of the webdesign... you could definately do it! Would be better to do something child related though of course

S

staffie lass

So sorry to hear about your job Ellie, Christmas work might be worth a look if you can fit it in with college sometimes they will keep you on a permenant basis if it works out well ,, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.