• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just cant believe it think she has bladder stones :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my rabbit poss has bladder stones, ive only had her for a week from a rescue she has already been the vets last week with bad eyes which are now fine, but she has been on baytril since last week, and i noticed she was straining last week a little but thought if its a water infection the baytril will sort it, but today she seems to have lost weight and is straining more and keeps licking her self down their and has a dribble their all the time rust colour..

I'm going the vets 2moz with her to ask for a contrast and xray to be done to see if it is bladder stones...

i lost my guinea pig to bladder stones 4 wks ago (big buff).. 3 mths after his op to have them removed.. they came back again so i was left with the hard choice of either putting him through another op, the first one almost killed him and he was over 4yrs old too... but this time the stones had affected him worse...

i just cant believe it and dont know what to do if it is stones..?

i tried everything with my guinea who had them diet change, cystaid meds.

and i spent £200 over for his op, only for him to get them 3 mths later and for him have to be PTS

I would get her to the vet asap hun to get her on antibiotics as soon as if she cant wee properly.
I know from experience with 3 of our cats although not the same as a bun but same symptoms.

Try not to panic(i know its easier said than done) i'm sure the vet will able to sort her out with antibiotics.

(((hugs)))
Louise xx

she has been on baytril since last week (which should have helped if it was a water infection) ,for bad eyes, and ive now changed her to seprin aimed at water infections and she has had metacam tonight plus cystaid.

OMG Rosie the rabbit has just passed a massive bladder stone the size of a marble:o:o:o:o

she is currently running around with her neutered boy friend rabbit...

soon has it came out she did a massive wee.

ive rang the vets who have said i have done the right thing by starting her one cystaid, septrin, and metacam...

the vet said its poss the metacam i gave her last night which helped her pass the stone..

she is booked in with the vets on wed morning to see how she is, but she will now be on a diet change for life and cystaid for life...

will put some pictures on later... it was sticking out of her urethra/wee hole:red:)) and when i squeezed it it just popped out..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my rabbit poss has bladder stones, ive only had her for a week from a rescue she has already been the vets last week with bad eyes which are now fine, but she has been on baytril since last week, and i noticed she was straining last week a little but thought if its a water infection the baytril will sort it, but today she seems to have lost weight and is straining more and keeps licking her self down their and has a dribble their all the time rust colour..

I'm going the vets 2moz with her to ask for a contrast and xray to be done to see if it is bladder stones...

i lost my guinea pig to bladder stones 4 wks ago (big buff).. 3 mths after his op to have them removed.. they came back again so i was left with the hard choice of either putting him through another op, the first one almost killed him and he was over 4yrs old too... but this time the stones had affected him worse...

i just cant believe it and dont know what to do if it is stones..?

i tried everything with my guinea who had them diet change, cystaid meds.

and i spent £200 over for his op, only for him to get them 3 mths later and for him have to be PTS

i know exactly where you are coming from hon, i went through the same situation with my boy in August, he was a little younger, but had lost so much weight and survived the op but never got better following it, i think the experience of that and with the pain he endured throughout us trying everything going i would have to give in and have my baby pts next time it happens.....having said that you can only go on the case at the time as some are stronger than others etc etc.8...

so sorry about your bunny, hope she feels better soon and we will cross everything here in the hope its not stones. At the end of the day we can only do our best at the time. :(

Stay strong :)

Awwww hun, I hope the bunny is okay.
I bet you are glad it has passed now though and hopefully everything will go okay at the vets on weds x

she should be feeling a bit better now she's passed that Claire.
Might be worth getting the vet to take a quick xray picci to see if she has any more.
Hope all goes well weds xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back