• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just curious...

Sweet Potato

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you have piggies that have similar colouring to each other and how do you tell them apart? My sister has a pair of turtles and she can only tell them apart by their personalities, is this the case for your piggies or are there subtle differences that only a trained eye can spot? (Maybe this is a genuine question maybe I just want to see cute pictures of twin piggies)

:) all our piggies have looked very different to each other I am sorry no advice here. You after a while would spot pigsonalty traits I am sure...

Are they totally identical?

I had two girls Grace & Dopple they had similar markings, although Grace was about 3yrs older & more of a lardychunks than Dopple. Grace had settled into Miss chillout, cuddly piggy & Dopple was still doing zoomies & darting about trying to avoid cuddles! :wub:
DSC_5084.jpg
Grace left, Dopple right.

Here's an old thread of other peoples pigs that looked similar x,
Forum *twins*

I had two girls Grace & Dopple they had similar markings, although Grace was about 3yrs older & more of a lardychunks than Dopple. Grace had settled into Miss chillout, cuddly piggy & Dopple was still doing zoomies & darting about trying to avoid cuddles! :wub:
View attachment 159233
Grace left, Dopple right.

Here's an old thread of other peoples pigs that looked similar x,
Forum *twins*

Wow that's a fancy pattern to be so beautifully replicated

My boys are both chocolate self boars - at first I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell them apart but it's happened by accident. They didn't get on so they live as next door neighbours now - Spud is on the right and Dash is on the left. Spud is also about 200g heavier at moment - although they're the same age, a nasty URI took its toll on Dash and he hasn't put weight on as fast.

But if it had been down to personality they are pretty different too. Dash is curious and a lot braver than Spud. Spud has got a lot better in recent weeks but he's still pretty good at doing his potato impression :)

My boys are both chocolate self boars - at first I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell them apart but it's happened by accident. They didn't get on so they live as next door neighbours now - Spud is on the right and Dash is on the left. Spud is also about 200g heavier at moment - although they're the same age, a nasty URI took its toll on Dash and he hasn't put weight on as fast.

But if it had been down to personality they are pretty different too. Dash is curious and a lot braver than Spud. Spud has got a lot better in recent weeks but he's still pretty good at doing his potato impression :)

You have a spud too! Sweet potato gets called spud most of the time.

He earned his name but doing a great impression of a baked potato. He would just freeze and sit there. He's a lot better now thankfully but the name stuck.
When it's his turn for lap time I always ask if I can have Spuddle Cuddles :love:

He earned his name but doing a great impression of a baked potato. He would just freeze and sit there. He's a lot better now thankfully but the name stuck.
When it's his turn for lap time I always ask if I can have Spuddle Cuddles :love:

We have spuddles too! And his lovely big bum is his spudonkadonk. When they freeze we call it potato mode not that they do that very much now

Never had pigs so similar but the chinchillas were a nightmare the first few weeks! Until Poppy realised she was a feisty lady and could spray pee in everyone’s faces! Became pretty easy after that! XD

These are my sisters turtles for a while Coocoo was smaller but he's caught up now so now you can only tell the difference by the fact that Mr Rodjay acts more like a pet rock than a turtle.

Attachments

• 20201128_121849.jpg
    20201128_121849.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 7
My guinea pigs don't look the same but 2 out of my 4 rats (who are all litter brothers) look the same unless they are standing then one of them has a longer black stripe on their white tummy than the other otherwise their personalities are a little different one is more skittish than the other altho if there's treats involved they're both out! 😂

Attachments

• 20201029_155731.jpg
    20201029_155731.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 6
My guinea pigs don't look the same but 2 out of my 4 rats (who are all litter brothers) look the same unless they are standing then one of them has a longer black stripe on their white tummy than the other otherwise their personalities are a little different one is more skittish than the other altho if there's treats involved they're both out! 😂
Yay ratties! :D🥳 They’re gorgeous! ❤️

Thank you 💜💖💜
I’m a ratty nutter as well as a pig one so lovely to see some rat gorgeousness! :)There’s a section on the forum for ‘Other Pets’ (in general chat) so feel free to post a billion pics of your ratties too!
Haven’t got any these days but love seeing other’s happy ones! (Especially grumpy, lazy boys! :D)

Back