• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Just took in very thin piggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This morning I have just taken in a very cute but thin Guinea pig. :(

His nails were like corkscrews and he is about 18 months old and weighes 552g

Here is the little fellow

DSCF8512.jpg

He feels like a baby and I can feel every bone in his body :(

He is just settling in now hiding in a box of hay, I'm hoping he's eating a little bit of it too while he's in there.
My other piggies don't seem to have notice any newby or new smells, I wonder if this little man will react when my lot squeek for their veggies?

He will be re-homed under BARC (BARNSLEY ANIMAL RESCUE), and I am going to think of a new name for him too.

Oh bless him, he's gorgeous. What's his story?

Oh bless him, he's gorgeous. What's his story?

A work colleague knew the family who had him and he wasnt getting looked after proberly so she ask me if BARC could have him.

I said he can come to me if he's a boy - which it looks like he is but he's so tiny, you carnt help miss my own boys 'bits' but this little fellow looks under developed.
Anyway my work colleague picked him up this morning and brought him in the cage he had been living in alone for the past 18 months. 2ft by 1ft in size. :( He had been cleaned out with shredded paper in the bottom, a bowl of muesli and a water bottle but that was it. He was getting forgotten about living in the outhouse I think. I did ask about if he was ever given hay and they think he were, but ? ?
So I've given his nails a little trim to start with and now letting him settle in his quarantine cage which is double the size he is used to.

Will update you on his progress :)

God what is wrong with some people. Thank goodness your work colleague got him out of there. I hope he comes on in leaps and bounds from now on.

Aww bless him, he looks like a little Badger but that as a name is definately not cute enough for him.
Hope he gets fatter soon x

What a gorgeous little chap. He looks so small for 18 months poor little thing. I'll keep an eye out for how this little fella gets on

Best of luck with this gorgeous little guy. I hope that he'll recover somewhat with your good care and will discover that life is a joy not a burden, although he will probably always stay tiny.

Some people just make you so angry!

Well my other piggies wheeking didnt get a response from him and he was still hiding in the hay box, so I've just picked some greeny for him out of the garden as I needed to know if he was eating. Only a little bit though as I dont want to overload his system

So a danilion leaf, clover a bit of grass and lemon balm has just tempted him out - and he's finished off the lot - Yahhh ^)

Same old story of childs pet :( loses interest :( pet get neglected :(

I'm just watching him from a distance now having a potter around his new home. And all I can see is this poofle of wild hair :))

He is so gorgeous. lovely eyes x) x)

Best of luck with him, hopefully this is the start of a new fun life for him.

aww poor little guy :( he is beautiful btw x)
it amazes me the amout of animals that actually get neglected. people should think and do their research before rushing into it. instead of all these poor neglect animals that keep getting found, you would think humans were clever enough to no better :(

He is lovely, and I love your description - 'poofle of wild hair' is great!:))
All the best to him and all the best to you too for giving him the care he needs.

Awwww poor wee chap. I will never understand why people take on an animal then can't be bothered to look after it properly!

Quick update -

Good news, he has been eating well, and we've had him out for a cuddle while I cleaned his cage and popped him a fresh box of hay in, and my daughter sat with him and he ate his piece of carrot. He's a friendly little lad.

It still shocked me feeling all his protruding bones his back bone and bum is so knobberly :(
Weighed him again - so in 24 hours he's gone from 552g to 586g -c

He's lovely, looks like a peruvian:))

Glad he is with you now:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back