• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Just want to say a huge thank-you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmiiee

to everyone who helped me wih advice for Basil my PEW, he had URI and was very ill, thought he had a heart condition to as it took ages for him to get better! and apart from a little bit of bumble foot, which I'm trying to get rid of, he is looking really amazing!

He went from this- When I was watching him 24/7 cos I thought he was going to die!

to this

he is still all skin and bones but has really started eating well now, so fingers crossed he is through the worsed! xx

Last edited:

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
awww bless, thats great news. That first pigture is frightening, it looks like he has already slipped away!

What a beautiful boy, well done xx

MellyWelly

Junior Guinea Pig
Aaw, bless Basil, how lovely to see him munching on his greens now! (the picture of him wrapped in his towel must bring it home to you how poorly he was) Glad to hear he's made a recovery now though, wishing him all the very best - take care Basil you beauty! :)

Emmiiee

Aaw, bless Basil, how lovely to see him munching on his greens now! (the picture of him wrapped in his towel must bring it home to you how poorly he was) Glad to hear he's made a recovery now though, wishing him all the very best - take care Basil you beauty! :)
I prepared myself for him going to the rainbow bridge! I litrally sat up with him for 4 days straight, just cuddling him and keeping him warm and feeling safe so if he did go to the rainbow bridge he would of gone in my arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.