Kelly needs love and support from you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

Kelly has asked me to post this because, as you know, she can read the posts but cannot post herself because she's still not connected to the internet.

She has a week to decide whether to have Bubbles, her mum's cat PTS. She is 14 years old and has cancer of the ear plus 2 inoperable tumours. Her mum, understandably, is reluctant to let Bubbles go and refuses to discuss it.

Also, her blooming housing association wants £1,300 off her for damage to the doors! Well HELLO she is in a wheelchair! they knew she was when they let her have the place and unless she was doing wheelies off the blooming doors or using them for firewood £1,300 is a blooming lot of money for a few doors. You could get a mansion full of new ones for that money. Blooming rip off merchants if you ask me.

Anyway, she's very down at the moment and missing us, so could you all send lots of hugs and love her way please? Thanks :-*

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh! :'( :'(

Be brave and strong Kelly.
We are all here to support you ....

That bill is outrageous. Can you get help to settle it from your local council or something?

Reaction score
awwww Kelly.... :'(

I wish I knew you in person, and then I could be there for you and help you properly..... :(

Stay strong and as they say 'Dont let the B******s grind you down!

All of us are here for you x

/BIG BIG Hugs xxxxxxx

Trace

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Kelly, sweetheart, as I said on my text, I am so so sorry about all this. I can't really add anything helpful about your cat, just know i am thinking of you with love and healing. I know you will do what's right.

As for the door thing - what bloody .

Loads of love x

Reaction score
Yep I too have given my 2 pennies worth about darling Bubbles, Will the CAB help you with the housing association? Did you pay a deposit when you first moved in? I'm only on the end of the phone if you need me, :-* x x (((((hugs)))))

D

DebbieR

I've told her that she shouldn't just hand over the money without seeing written proof that that's how much it will cost to repair the doors. She should get 3 quotes from independent builders which she has chosen. That housing association is really taking the wee wee >:(

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Kelly, sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. It sounds bluddy expensive for a few doors, we're doing our house up and need new doors throughout and I've found some for about £30 each, then you need fitting and staining, so maybe £500 for the lot? Unless of course you live in a mansion ;) Ask to see quotes before giving them a penny. Hope you start to feel brighter soon.

Kathryn x

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I suggested the CAB too. Kelly says they may be able to help. Agree about the three quotes too.

P

piglover

Its Outrageous. Surely Social Services / Occupational Health department can speak up for Kelly to the Housing Association - they knew she was in a wheelchair - how on earth did they think she was goning to get around the place? Poor Kelly she should definately stand her ground and not part with a penny this needs seriously looking in to and she needs help and support from a professional party.

H

hils78

Don't part with a penny! There should be a clause called 'General Wear & Tear' & knowing your situation I would be certain that any damage to doors could be covered by this. Keep up & strong. If you can try and see where on the doors the 'damage' is & if the majority is from certain areas of your chair (sorry don't know technical terms :-[) such as foot rests & if you have them handles let this be known. if you feel that you can't face these idiots I'll give you my number & we can arrange for me to talk to them. I used to work for & with Housing assiciation & know what pr1ck$ they can be. I call it bullying.

About your mums cat. I don't know anything about your mum or if she is living with you but really she should realise that you are going to worry about the cat & shouldn't put you under more pressure than you are already. I know they're not comforting words but if at the moment the cat is stable & not in pain (even if only for 1 week) take a mental break from the issue. Or if you can pass this issue onto a sibling (if you have one) or one of her friends to deal with. Express your concerns over your mums denial and the enormity of your problems. Hopefully someone else will take this problem on to take the pressure off of you.

Big clouds of white light being sent to you.

H78 x

ps just had a vision of a group of women with OCGD outside the Housing Assn office giving them what for!

Reaction score
Bet that vision has made you giggle, eh Kelly ;D

J

Jillybean

Sorry to hear about all this. Hope things are sorted out soon for you.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Kelly luv. Stay strong & keep :)

I too would NOT part with a penny. I'd go to the CAB & ask for advice, it's bluddy ridiculous the price they're quoting!

Thinking about you

Niki :)

Reaction score
awww Kelly feel better soon please, I also had problems with housing when I moved from Essex over 10 years ago they sent me a letter stating 15 things needed repairing and replacing they included a new bathroom suite but we had a replacement put in 6 months before we moved and I had pics of the kids in it before we moved to prove it was perfectly ok I asked them if they had the old suite to prove it had been replaced as i believed it had been taken and kept by an employee then they tried to charged me for a lock we had only 2 screws on this lock because the room was on the top floor in a 3 floor house we had delibertaly only left 2 screws in case the kids locked them selves in, they charged us for a missing door that was never there when we moved in , a broken air vent did;'nt have one, a door that stuck and wear and tear of other doors and a tiny sink, I sat down and went through each item and found reasons why I was not paying anything then called them and made them look absolutly stupid and did not pay anything, we had even paid out over £600 on new wallpaper and paint before we moved out cheeky sods
And they want how much for doors , they cannot be serious I would call their bluff and say sorry wear and tear is normal and they knew you was in a wheel chair, what did they expect? I would get citizens advice involved the health and disability part of them , that is so disgusting and they are being discriminating against the disabled , no way would I pay anything and are the doors going to be gold plated or something, that makes me so mad ,
and I am sorry to hear about bubbles we had a hard chocie with Charlie in July so I know its hard, all I can say is dont rush anything take your time to make the decision, hope you are back soon miss your chats , chin up sweetheart

S

staffie lass

Hi Kelly, sorry to hear you are having such a bad time, I agree with the others don`t pay up without a fight >:( also thinking of you and Sue at this sad time with the cat it is so hard to let them go but when the time has come you will know, I know your Mom is an animal lover like you and will do the right thing I send my love to you all and look forward to you being back online we miss you :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.