• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Kindle (for reading)

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
My aunt is an avid reader and I’ve already sent her some books. But I was debating getting her a kindle reader. I’m wondering if anyone uses it and which one you’d recommend.

Thank you in advance v

i have a kindle,ive had it 7 years.i love it,not to have so many books in the house.the paperwhite one is good,but the basic kindle now has a light built in,so maybe just as useful.if youre aunt likes the outdoors the paperwhite is better.amazon have some good deals at the moment !

My mum has a kindle paper white which she takes on holiday with her as it is good to use outside.

I love my Kindle paperwhite especially when I go on holy as I can take load of books without worrying about the weight of them.

Another vote for the paper white here too - I couldn't live without mine.

In alll honesty I do sometimes miss reading a real book, but English books are hard to get here, and a Kindle is so much faster, easier, more environmentally friendly and cheaper to keep books on. I signed up to the Amazon daily deal e-mail which offers certain books for 99p every day, so I have a long reading list!

Kindle fire 8 hd are good, paper white better if you only want it for reading though.

Another vote from me for the Kindle Paper White. So much easier than carrying a heavy book around when I am traveling.

I have the Fire HD 8 and it's great. Just like any other tablet. But if you want just a reading tool, then the Kindle Paper White would be best.
I must say, I did have a fire 8, until the wife see it, Havnt had a go on it since 😅 about 2 years.

I can imagine that the paper white would have a huge battery life

My local library allows me to borrow e books but it wasn't compatible with Kindle so I ended up having to buy another ereader (Kobo). So if you want to be able to do that might be worth checking your local library website first.

Thank you everyone. Seems quite unanimous.
@eileen she’s not likely to read outside so I’ll look at the basic one as well.
@miowmix she won’t be borrowing books from a local library. I do but use overdrive on my phone.

I got the kindle oasis because I fell for the extra features. I regret paying extra now, the paperwhite is much better value. The extra features on the oasis are rubbish!
I couldn't be without a kindle though, had one for about 6 years now. I read 5 times as much since getting one, it's just so convenient.

Back