• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Knitting help .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha ha they are well smart...good luck! have you tried ebay?? I dont know about wool sorry x

I have a feeling it is all going to go terribly wrong!

Ooh! They're cute :) I'm sure they'll turn out great - have you knitted before?

My problem is I tend to get bored before I manage to finish anything! :red

Good luck!

I am an expert at knitting squares and rectangles if that counts?

I made loads of squares with the intention of making blankets for the cats home.... but never got round to sewing them together :red :))

:)):)):)) I have been trying to make a bed blanket for my daughter for years!

My mum's been trying to teach me to knit since I was 7 (i'm nearly 32 now) and I can still only plain knit and in rows lol I'm useless but my mum's made all my kids cardis, hats, booties etc when they were babies and now she knits beautiful clothes for my daughter's dolls and she made all of her grandkids a knitted teddy earlier on it the year.
We're quite lucky in chesterfield as they sell wool on our market and we have 2 wool shops (I KNOW HOW EXCITING) but Wilkos sell limited colours of wool and ebay sells it too.

I love to knit but i always get it wrong, i'm useless at it :))

Oooo...fellow knitters! Yay!

If you get stuck, I can recommend the services of the lovely Aneeta who runs a knitting help service (she's a teacher and published author!). It's not confined to London, she sends SOS help all over the world via email:

http://www.knittingsos.co.uk/knitting-sos

She's lovely. If anyone is London-based and wants to learn, I can't recommend her highly enough!

As for suppliers, try:

http://www.angelyarns.com/

They have lots of end-of-line stuff on discount.

x)x)

Those little guys look very cute. Good luck!

I've just recently learned to knit and I already have a long list of toys & accessories I'm planning to make....assuming I don't get too stuck and give up! I don't really know where to buy decent quality yarn cheaply but I can recommend Ravelry as a great knitting forum with lots of nice free patterns, if that helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back