Lazy little piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently upgraded Bradley and Barney to a new 8ft x 2.5ft "cage", well it's an indoor run really but you get my drift. Anyhow, I thought they would love having all the extra space to run around in but even after being in it for around 3 weeks they prefer just lying about and eating to doing any exercise! Though Bradley did do a bit of a run the other night then had to take an emergency pitstop for food...am I the only one with extremely lazy piggies? :))

I could of just kept them in their old cage and used the run for a bun...ahh the things we do for our piggies, even if they are ungrateful little swines! :p

Reaction score
Lol I know all about it! My two spend the most of their time on the smaller second level of their cage sleeping in their wee huts! They come downstairs only to take a pee at the end of the ramp or to eat, I put their food on the lower level so they actually have to get some form of exercise! Everyday Thumper will go nuts and do a few laps of the cage but Tigger's not into that sort of thing and just watches bemused :)) They're so funny aren't they!xox

Deb H

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine are lazy little souls, I too put their food on one level, their hay on another and the water opposite that so they have to move around.

bless them, wouldn't life be boring without them!

HairlessWillow7

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hehe, mine are lazy too :)) The cage with Willow and Dobby doesn't have a second level, so I put one food bowl on the ground and the other on the roof of one of their hideaways. When they finish the one on the ground, they have to climb up to get to the second one :))

Reaction score
hehe, mine are lazy too :)) The cage with Willow and Dobby doesn't have a second level, so I put one food bowl on the ground and the other on the roof of one of their hideaways. When they finish the one on the ground, they have to climb up to get to the second one :))

Good idea about putting one on the roof! Mine are a hoot, I ding the bowl with their veggies in so they hear it coming and get all excited. They come out of their hideys and I put the bowl on the lower level, ding it some more and they just sit looking at me as if to say 'hey, we're up here, you don't actually expect us to walk alllll the way down there do you?' :)) and when they realise I do indeed expect that they turn on their heel back to the hidey and off to sleep rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.