• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lets Remember Them All - Memorials Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cavy clicker Aww, I think that's lovely that Tess made such an impact on you that you wrote and spoke to her! How long ago was it that you lost her and have you more piggies now?

Thank you, that was about :hmm: 2008 :nod: I have two guinea pigs now, Sparkles, a neutered male and Ida a female. I always add that Sparkles is neutered because people look at me strangely if I just say I have one male and one female! :lol:

I should add something about Molly-Ann and Sparkles.

Last year, I lost my best est friend Molly-Ann. She had a stroke and the vet couldn't get there in time: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/100275-Help-me-my-guinea-pig-is-dying!!?highlight=

Like all the guinea pigs I've had, Molly-Ann came to me as a skittish, terrified little girl and wouldn't be picked up, stroked or cuddled. It took me years to fully tame her but she became the most friendly guinea pig ever in her old age. She would climb onto my lap from the cage, she would follow me around, she was perfect!

When she died, not only did I have to face life without her, but I had to face having to tame another skittish guinea pig from scratch, all over again. For the first time, I was dreading it. I had become so used to Molly-Ann's attention that I couldn't bear the thought of a shy one :soz:

Thats when Sparkles came into my life! He was a year old when I got him and he had belonged to several small children. I steeled myself to be the patient mummy but it didn't take me long to realize that this was no shy guinea! In fact, Sparkles was the most outgoing, people lover I'd ever met! He doesn't mind being picked up at all, he loves a back rub and will actually lie down and roll onto his side while I pet him :)) No matter whether I have food or not, he comes up to see me for pats and he loves to popcorn all the time. Whenever he runs away, its because he's playing catch me if you can mummy! Then bounces right back!
:bronco:

Of course Sparkles is not Molly-Ann, he doesn't climb onto my lap, he won't follow me around if I don't have a really yummy treat :D But I don't mind at all. He's perfect in his own way, so is Ida, the shy one ;) but that's okay.

I have to admit, I still can't believe it! While I used to enjoy a year of friendliness from an elderly guinea pig, now I have my young friendly Sparkles to enjoy for his whole lifetime :yahoo:

Butch and George. The two Guinea pigs I grew up with and who kept me and my best friend entertained for so long. The two sweetest brothers. Darling George crossed the bridge first and then big butch a couple of years later. These were the two piggies that made me want to get my own to look after (and I did!) so thank you xx

image.jpg

simmystargpm.png

Sweet little Simmy, RIP 13/08/15, just 1 and a half years old. My daft little treasure xx Also, Ginger and Patch our childhood piggies.

2014-12-03 20.12.52-1.jpg Well it's been a long time since I've been on. But I want to put in a post for my Biscuit. After a long struggle of vet visits and medications she had too many problems and passed away whilst out having a cuddle with my bf. Breaks my heart I was in another city when it happened. She was such a wonderful girl. So cheeky and loud. Loved to come out for long cuddles and watching TV from your shoulder. Always the loudest at feeding time. And such a smart piggy too. Constantly getting out of her cage, or shouting for food as soon as she heard anyone open the fridge or a knife chopping away. Her buddy Twix misses her too I can see. But she gets plenty cuddles and has bonded with one of the other pair at least. Chopper our dog misses her too, those two were very close. Lots of conversations and cuddles between them. I am rather proud of him too. Our friends dog made an attempt to dig up her grave and Chopper ran in grabbed the dog away from Biscuits resting place. She truly was a special girl who touched many hearts. I hope she rests in peace and we already have a big daisy growing above her resting place. I miss her so much but at least have the comfort of a full house, with my bf, 3 pigs and 2 dogs to keep me busy. But it is sooo much quieter without my bossy Biscuit.

I'd like to pay tribute to my 3 piggies I had when I was 14. I don't have any pictures of them now as it was 10 years ago. I got 2 beautiful pigs from Pets at Home (this was long before rescues were a common thing)

Fizz, Toffee and Cinnamon.

Fizz was a big beautiful ginger self with red eyes and Toffee was some kind of sheltie cross with a crest, she was mostly black with a beautiful toffee cream colour across her back.
Long story short, Fizz ended up being a boar. I realised this when I was woken up at 4 am one morning to squeaks, only to see two pigs had turned into 5.
Toffee had 3 beautiful babies, named Candy, Chocolate and Cinnamon.

I kept Cinnamon and gave Candy and Chocolate to a friend.

Cinnamon was a tri coloured smooth, mostly white with light brown and black patches.

I've always felt terrible about the conditions I kept my 3 beautiful pigs in.
10 years ago there wasn't much information about guinea pigs and pet shop staff knew very little, we were told a 100 cm cage would be fine for all 3 pigs.
(They did get out on the grass daily)
Obviously now I know this was terrible advice and I've felt guilty about it ever since, I'm so sorry I let them down so badly, I loved them dearly I just had no idea I wasn't looking after them as well as I should have been.

Fizz lived to be 6-7 years old, I found him slowly drifting away one day after school, with Toffee and Cinnamon lying around him. After his passing, the other 2 went quickly after him, I know now this was probably from sadness as they were never themselves again after losing Fizz.

10 years on and I still think about my beautiful little herd every day.

Fizz was such a grumpy big boar, he always got first pick of the food and hay. Such a big character he had.
Toffee was such a polite little pig, with such a delicate nature. I loved her dearly.
Cinnamon was a funny little thing.
She was always popcorning and zooming about. A beautiful little ball of energy.
They loved each other greatly and were a close little family.
I so badly wish I could have them back now, now that I know so much more about piggies and how they should be looked after properly. I didn't neglect them, I just didn't know I wasn't doing the best for them.

I know they'll be huddled together now, as was there favourite thing to do. With Fizz being the big boss, and Toffee and Cinnamon just letting him get his own way because they know that's how he liked it:)

I'd like to pay tribute to my 3 piggies I had when I was 14. I don't have any pictures of them now as it was 10 years ago. I got 2 beautiful pigs from Pets at Home (this was long before rescues were a common thing)

Fizz, Toffee and Cinnamon.

Fizz was a big beautiful ginger self with red eyes and Toffee was some kind of sheltie cross with a crest, she was mostly black with a beautiful toffee cream colour across her back.
Long story short, Fizz ended up being a boar. I realised this when I was woken up at 4 am one morning to squeaks, only to see two pigs had turned into 5.
Toffee had 3 beautiful babies, named Candy, Chocolate and Cinnamon.

I kept Cinnamon and gave Candy and Chocolate to a friend.

Cinnamon was a tri coloured smooth, mostly white with light brown and black patches.

I've always felt terrible about the conditions I kept my 3 beautiful pigs in.
10 years ago there wasn't much information about guinea pigs and pet shop staff knew very little, we were told a 100 cm cage would be fine for all 3 pigs.
(They did get out on the grass daily)
Obviously now I know this was terrible advice and I've felt guilty about it ever since, I'm so sorry I let them down so badly, I loved them dearly I just had no idea I wasn't looking after them as well as I should have been.

Fizz lived to be 6-7 years old, I found him slowly drifting away one day after school, with Toffee and Cinnamon lying around him. After his passing, the other 2 went quickly after him, I know now this was probably from sadness as they were never themselves again after losing Fizz.

10 years on and I still think about my beautiful little herd every day.

Fizz was such a grumpy big boar, he always got first pick of the food and hay. Such a big character he had.
Toffee was such a polite little pig, with such a delicate nature. I loved her dearly.
Cinnamon was a funny little thing.
She was always popcorning and zooming about. A beautiful little ball of energy.
They loved each other greatly and were a close little family.
I so badly wish I could have them back now, now that I know so much more about piggies and how they should be looked after properly. I didn't neglect them, I just didn't know I wasn't doing the best for them.

I know they'll be huddled together now, as was there favourite thing to do. With Fizz being the big boss, and Toffee and Cinnamon just letting him get his own way because they know that's how he liked it:)
What a beautiful sentiment to your first Cavy family @Beans&Toast. I'm just turned 50 in January and I still remember all my teenage piggies with fondness and yes, sadness that, like you I was blissfully ignorant of the tiny living conditions I had them in, thinking I was a good mum to them. We did our best by the info we were given back then, so we know our beautiful furry families will be waiting to greet us at the Rainbow bridge one day, all forgiveness and love, because we did the best for them that we knew at the time. That's how it was, we were unaware and we can take comfort from that. Enjoy your new Cavy family, and watch out, they are extremely addictive! Happy Easter. X

Beans and toast that is a lovely tribute,that bought a tear to my eye.research into cavies changes throughout time,so you did what was right at the time,do not feel guilty.in ten years time research may change things for our cavies,you can only act on the best you know for the present year.xx

Our beautiful Bugsy you were our 1st and for that you will always be special x And our Cilla, you came into our lives as a "just staying over night" guest , you stayed for 6 mths, not sure we could ever find a pig with a character like yours x

This is a beautiful idea.

Pippin,

You was always the first one up in the morning, saying goodbye as I left for 6th form. We miss you so much.

28/04/16

Pippin showed no signs of illness, I found him cold and not breathing in his usual sleeping spot which makes us think he may have passed away in his sleep. The shock of Pippin going at only 4 months old makes us treasure every precious moment with our little piggies.

image.jpeg

Hopper
May 30, 2016 - June 2, 2016

Named for his adorable hopping gait. Little Hopper had a rough start, born first he didn't get much love or care before his mother needed to attend to his younger sister, Tickles. He was small and weak at the start, unable to do much more than breathe. Tenacious, he hung onto his life, bonding with his Aunty Bliss in spite of being rejected by his mother. He was independent, but friendly to all. Although we didn't know him for very long, we were best friends. I'll miss holding him in my hand, and the way he trusted me so completely.

Here he is at birth.
Hopper 2.png

Here he is, wrapped up in the fleece tent.
Hopper 1.png

I'm sorry I wasn't able to do more for you, Hopper. You were gone too soon. May we meet again at the foot of the rainbow bridge, and cross together into Heaven. Look for Pablo, my betta fish friend. I'm sure you two could be friends.

Here's a bonus image because it's just too cute! Hopper trying to suckle a bewildered Aunty Bliss. <3
Hopper 3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back