• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Lining for hutch

Percypatch

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I’ve just ordered a new hutch for my two boys however this hutch does not have plastic trays that I can easily wipe and keep clean. In past experience, hutches that I’ve owned with just a wooden floor seem to become damp very quickly and the wood just becomes rotten. I am looking to line this hutch to help prolong its life but I am not sure what to use. I was looking into using self adhesive Lino or vinyl tiles however, all of the b&q’s near me are fully sold out. Any help and advice would be appreciated a lot!
Thanks 😊

Vinyl tiles is fine. You just want something that can wipe clean. Are there are any other diy type stores near you? Amazon might do something, or a flooring shop?
I just use plastic sheeting which I got off the roll from a garden centre to line my hutch, it was only £1 per metre and is still going strong two years later. They live in a shed with access to the hutch and for the shed floor I have put down an old oilcloth tablecloth

i asked at a local carpet place if had any off cuts of lino.they gave me loads free ! tiles sre ok,but after time they loosen and all the bedding gets underneath the tile.lino definantely helps,hutch lasts much longer!

When I moved my pigs from c&c to a hutch recently, I reused the correx to line the floors.
Whatever you use, if your hutch is coming flat packed, my advice would be to measure and fit the lining for each floor before you put the next floor/roof on. I didn't, and it made fitting the liner considerably more awkward :crazy::hb:

When I moved my pigs from c&c to a hutch recently, I reused the correx to line the floors.
Whatever you use, if your hutch is coming flat packed, my advice would be to measure and fit the lining for each floor before you put the next floor/roof on. I didn't, and it made fitting the liner considerably more awkward :crazy::hb:

Ahh thanks for that 😋

Back