• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dental Little piggie eating super slowly, less and small poops

Hi :-)
So the wife has turned into the Guinea-pig whisper! She has managed to WFH this week and is able to feed the little fella on her own! What a difference

Saying that. Big picture. Nothing has changed. Still on the crucial care syringe feed. Little to no poops.

Giving him water and he is on pretty much every med the vet could give. We have a check up on Friday.
We are on Annual leave next week. So I think we will try and get in at the Northampton vets. As a one last chance. We have come this far. Got to do everything we can. Of course there is a point where feeding every few hours when we work is difficult

The little fella doesn't appear to be in pain. His weight has become stable after he lost plenty. Still won't eat hay either. All a bit upsetting for us and of course the little guy x

I’m glad you’re able to get food into him. If his weight has now stabilised then that shows he is getting a good amount of critical care.
a piggy who can eat will eat hay, so there is likely Still something wrong for him to not want to eat it. definitely try to get to Northampton.

How are things going @andthislittlepiggie ?
Sorry. Been STRESSFUL!

So. Great news. Little Bruce is eating hay, off the critical care! I even managed for the last week to syringe feed him. Have to say, our other guinea pig - (not that he was ill), but you just put the syringe near his mouth and he'd eat no worries! Typical

Alas. We went to Northampton. And so far so good. And thus the ......x2 vets. Nearly £800 in vet fees, two sets of dental work. One trip to Northampton and problem solved. It's been over a week since Bruce has been 'normal' - His weight is stable :-)

Attachments

• ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Sorry. Been STRESSFUL!

So. Great news. Little Bruce is eating hay, off the critical care! I even managed for the last week to syringe feed him. Have to say, our other guinea pig - (not that he was ill), but you just put the syringe near his mouth and he'd eat no worries! Typical

Alas. We went to Northampton. And so far so good. And thus the ......x2 vets. Nearly £800 in vet fees, two sets of dental work. One trip to Northampton and problem solved. It's been over a week since Bruce has been 'normal' - His weight is stable :-)
Glad Bruce seems to be sorted! That's why Simon and Kim Maddock of Cat & Rabbit Care Clinic are the best! They are my piggies' vets too and we live in North Wales. :tu:

great pleased for you and Bruce, at least you know where to go if his teeth start playing up again, the Maddock‘s are super vets x

Brilliant news, glad he’s back to eating well.
One of my rainbow bridge piggies had a dental operation at the local vet which still didn’t get him to eat his hay. After seeing the Maddock’s he was right as rain. Don’t go anywhere else for teeth, or you’ll end up feeling like you’ve wasted your money as you drive to Northampton with your tail between your legs! 🤣
Simon and Kim really are amazing!

Hope little Priya is doing well x
She's doing great. Her discharge notes say she has to have strict rest for 10 days! She's been jumping up on the worktops in the kitchen and going through the fridge looking for food! 😂FB382AA5-094B-4B18-83CD-7B3C7762AB7B.png

Last edited:
Back