• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

lloyds tsb advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone seen this with what i can only imagine is a hammy or a gerbil, where it slides down a ramp onto a leaf in some water??

I saw that advert.

I thought it was a hamster. It's on a lot on my TV.

never seen it but a. I don't watch much tv and b. I switch off in my head as soon as I hear the lloyds music... 5 years of debt advice and they are by far my most hated bank

I've seen it, its one of their animated series, I like the beginning when the hammy is looking in at the window, cutex)

ahhhh so its a hammy, well at first i thought it was really cute...then i got thinking...i wonder if hammies are scared of water like piggys are...and if so, they havent done very good research with the pool bit at the end and it might give out bad ideas to people. :(

What do you think?

Hehe i was just about to post the link :)

Hmmm i dont know, yes and no, from an illustrators/advertisers point of view its something that shows a 'hamster paradise' to the audience...connecting the golden cage and swimming pool to something we see as 'luxurious' inturn suggesting that if you buy this product/use this service you could have the same lifestyle as this hamster...but thats my own personal view point :P
Although if i was asked to illustrate this advert i dont think i'd add in a swimming pool...id have a digging pool! :))

But i do see your point that some children may see that as 'cool' and try and add an extention to their cage...but i dont know i think most kids see and know cartoons arent real...

^ this is all just my view on the advert please dont see this as offending, discriminating towards anyone or anything, i own a hamster and i reg. look after my cousins who are only little berns - which me and my aunty teach them that cartoons arent real and at one point taught them that....you cant take your rabbit Snowy to the swimming baths with you....even if Arthur's best friend the bunny goes swimming! :))

ha ha i know what you mean, i think i would be more offended if it was a guinea pig for some reason, i dont know why?

I just wondered what people thought.

Hehe i love the llodys tsb adverts my favourite one is when the fella is walking his pet crocodile and when he gets home he realises hes been broken into? I dont know why but i just love the croc! Soo cute x)

:)) But i do see your point that it might cause an intrest espically with little kids, when my cousins were younger we set up a guinea pig adventure play ground for their guineas...Coco and fudge...which they found great fun both the kids and the pigs it also helped them understand what guinea pigs like playing with etc. it was lovely to see them interact with the pigs and giggle at their antics:))

Most of the TSB adverts are bad IMO, seeing as we often get animals in that people say dont fit into their home ect. Thats just like the crocidile advert, how many people buy the pet then dont realise that pet grows and outgrows the tiny tank they have it in. The fish in the bowl advert shows that you can keep a fish in a tiny tank because its "just a fish"

The hamster advert this OP refers to is annoying too... How many PEOPLE not just kids I'm afraid, put their animals at risk because what they have seen others do or things on the tv and think its "cool" Unfortunatly I'm sure many people will have killed their pets be it by accident or not following adverts just like these.

Unfortunatly some people are easily influenced.

FYI i have several guinea pigs that love water, some that are even happy for a swim. We do also have a couple that hate it with a passion.

its a syrian hamster :) i said to my daughter it looks like a piggie but she pointed out it had a tail so couldnt be.my hamsters would love that cage with the slide :)) ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back