• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

London Tornado !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had one in Bath about 18 months ago. I didn't see it, but I saw the photo in the paper.

I heard about that, wow! In London aswell.. A lot closer than the others we hear about like in America and places.

we have had them on the Island but normally in the country so no real damage although a police man got out of his car a few years back and got blown across the top of it into a barn across the field, think it was so bad in London as its so populated, frightning is'nt it, we've had it at 80 to 90 mph today, :o

OMG just read this post, i'm hoping nobody was seriously injured.
Sending healing wishes and kisses to all the little animals :-* :-*

It's not that far from me. I'm in North London. I caught a bit of it on the news and a woman was trying to get to her dog but the firemen wouldn't let her. Eventually they went and got the dog.
OMG! If anyone tried to keep me away from my pets they would have been dealing with something a lot worse than a tornado 666)

DebbieR said:
It's not that far from me. I'm in North London. I caught a bit of it on the news and a woman was trying to get to her dog but the firemen wouldn't let her. Eventually they went and got the dog.
OMG! If anyone tried to keep me away from my pets they would have been dealing with something a lot worse than a tornado 666)

I'm with you there, I've already told hubby hes to watch out for the kids and dog and parrot I'm doing the pigs lol, no way would i leave them behind dont care if the world was going to fall on me

DebbieR said:

totally agree. No one would keep me away from my pets if they were in danger! :o

I have a story to share with you....

We were evacuated from our house once as the gasworks about 5 mins away had a leak.
The police came and told us to get out immediately and I left my Billie behind. :(
We were at a safe point down the road and I began to worry, and worry turned to mild hysteria. :'(

Andy was so bothered by this that he told the police that he had left something on the hob at home and they agreed to let him go through the cordon to go back and turn it off.
I was worried about him going back but he insisted that he was going to get Bil and bring him to me.

What happened next will stay with me forever... There were police everywhere and a helicopter overhead and sirens. Suddenly I saw Andy in the distance and he seemed to walk in slow motion towards me, carrying Billie in his pet-carrier. It was like something from a Hollywood film. At that moment I fell in love with him all over again.
He was my absolute hero that day and even though it was risky to go back he still went becasue he knew how much Billie meant to me :)

Oh that is a beautiful story. :) Andy is a hero in every sense of the word.

He is.

I always have a box handy in case we have to evacuate. I wouldn't leave the house witnout my darlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back