Lost Sylvie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I had a real panic at 1am this morning. I had fallen asleep on the settee and woke at 1am. Sylvie & Spuds cage is near the stair door so i said my usual good night - then realised i couldn't see Sylvie. i'm not the brightest when I first wake up so my mind was doing over time. I could see Spud but absolutely no Sylvie. As you can see from this (bad quality pic) there's no way you can lose a Guinea Pig in there!

So I called her name and this little head appeared from the HAY RACK :o Thought i was halloucinating becuse her colour blends quite nicely in with the hay & all I saw was her red eyes - she had obviously been asleep bless!

This cage set up works well with a bit of fleece stretched across & held in place with lots of super strength bull dog clips - you can see in the pic Lady muck loves it! It really maximises the cage size area by not clogging it up with stuff. Esp as Sylvie is having lots of popcorn moments at the moment. Though i cant wait till they go ouside again in the double decker hutch....roll on spring!

Mary

Reaction score
Dont do that to me H! I just read the subject and went oh no!
She looks as if she is queen bee!

Mary

C

cavykind

The little tinker, they don't half frighten us sometimes ::)

Barbara

H

hils78

Certainly woke me up! Her chartacter has really come out since Spud arrived. I have been giving them lots of floor time in the dining room. The other day I was doing something with the TV in the living room and I heard a little pitter patter behind me on the floor boards - Sylvie has escaped the giant cushions keeping her in place and run a distance of about 25 foot and found me! She even came closer when I called her. I told her she was naughty but am seacretly impressed!

Sorry I frightened you Mary!

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea of the fleece!
I'm trying to find a way of adding a 2nd level to my cage and this could work

D

DebbieR

OMG I thought it was going to be sad thread. You little tinker ;D

H

hils78

She's done it again - saw her straight away though as there's not as much hay in the rack this time!

I think she gets onto the fleece & squeezes throught the side of the rack. Clever girl!

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hey if you look closely at that photo theres another piggie hiding in the plant pot in the background ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.